Author Topic: HLP Newsletter - May 2017  (Read 5186 times)

Offline Axem

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:24:00 pm by Goober5000 »

Re: HLP Newsletter - May 2017
Hat's off to asarium/m|m for the bug squashing-spree and the dynamic SEXP thing. I guessed he was going to be #1, I didn't realise it would be by that much :)

"Sense of scale" huh, this should be interesting.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I have to say, that i am somewhat a little disappointed, that my translation patch for BtA was not even mentioned :(
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I have to say, that i am somewhat a little disappointed, that my translation patch for BtA was not even mentioned :(

Indeed, we get so little localisation effort in the community that Novachen's deserves a mention.

Thanks for the shutout ... but you consistently pick what I consider the least interesting parts of my text-only previews  :)

But you could have warned me of the error I made when transferring that bit from my handwritten notes (there is an additional apostrophy in the first sentence) - it is going to start the debate about my english-skills all over again  :D

This month's theme is going to be…  Sense of scale

Got to nick MitoPL's settings then, I got some shots that would look just appropriate  :nod:
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Axem

As am I. :( I'm very sorry about that, I'll add it to the newsletter later today when I get a chance.

Offline Axem

Okay, mention has been added. Sorry again for missing that. I did see it when it first got posted and thought "oh that should go in the newsletter" but it escaped my notice when I was taking things down at the end of the month.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Okay, mention has been added. Sorry again for missing that. I did see it when it first got posted and thought "oh that should go in the newsletter" but it escaped my notice when I was taking things down at the end of the month.

Yeah, it is okay :).
I did not read it, so i reported it and you added it. So everything is alright :).

I am looking forward, that this will not happen again in the next release  :lol:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yeah, it is okay :).
I did not read it, so i reported it and you added it. So everything is alright :).

I am looking forward, that this will not happen again in the next release  :lol:
  Keep in mind that Axem is just one person, and he has to keep track of everything that is happening over a month on the forum. It's no small feat.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them