Author Topic: Redout: Space Assault  (Read 2867 times)

The original Redout was a racing game not unlike Wipeout and F-Zero. For this followup they decided to make a space shooter. It is arcade like and emphasizes multiplayer skirmishes.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Man, I'd buy it in a second if they'd ditch the 'gave up looking for the settings in blender' "art style" with the unsmoothed triangles.

I actually bought and then refunded Redout because i was sick of that ****, and didn't look at the videos close enough to tell.

EDIT: don't let my negativity get you down though, other people seem to be tolerating it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:08:36 pm by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

I actually really enjoy Redout, partly because I think it does look really good. But the sense of speed is great, and it really felt like F-Zero.
If they can deliver a great-feeling Rogue Squadron-style shooter, I'll be all over it.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
I just... but y tho?

Don't get me wrong it looks like fun, I don't think it's a bad game per se and I'd buy it but... the transition from racing game to space shooter throws me off balance y'know?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Looks okay to me?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Not interested in the multiplayer, but it looks like fun.  Added to Steam watch list.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.