Author Topic: Oi, not another feature!  (Read 3946 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Oi, not another feature!
From Feature Requests:
Ability to set detonation range/time for flak shots so that flak weapons could fire at approaching ships beyond their 'detonation range' thus generating a flak screen in front of the approaching ships with the flak explosions. Preferably with little variance in the exact detonation time as there is always a little variance in normal flak explosions. Beams already support this sort of firing with +range: option.
Wanderer 10:56, 9 Dec 2005 (GMT)

http://fs2source.warpcore.org/exes/latest/C23122005.zip (shiptypes.tbl is necessary, included in ZIP)

The field is "$Detonation Range:", after "$Arm Radius:" but before the shockwave stuff.

Still one spot of backwards compatibility danger
  • "I made a slight change to the code. Basically when a capship is supposed to be attacking a small ship, its mode of behavior changes..somehow. Since I'm trying to get rid of these hardcoded defines, it'd be very nice if someone competent with FRED could test this eventually and tell me if this needs a workaround, if the broadside problem is ever fixed."
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Re: Oi, not another feature!
Great! Now i better go testing. I'm not too competent with fred though :( But i'm sure i can cook up someting.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline WMCoolmon

This is actually the one feature that I tested. :nervous:
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Have you by any chance changed the animation code syntax? I'm getting some errors related to standard barrel alignment things.

Offline WMCoolmon

Yes. I swapped out the "=" with ":" like the rest of the table values.
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Just tested it and detonation range works fine. Prob was that i couldn't use command console (c-2-0) as there were no active items (with normal builds i am ordering two wings of fighters). It has propably something to do with the shiptypes.tbl..

Offline WMCoolmon

Probably...I tried it on "Mystery of the Trinity" and didn't seem to have problems, maybe on one of the later missions...
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

Ahh, figured it out. It should be fixed in the next build, along with a whole host of problems thanks to a silly mistake on my part.
-C