Author Topic: PCS2 User to User Help  (Read 109956 times)

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Re: PCS2 User to User Help
I haven't found mention of how I should name my helper objects when exporting glowpoints from Max to PCS2, and I've tried various different naming methods to no avail. What's the right naming scheme and required hierarchy for them?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=63643.0

Scroll down to paragraph 20.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Great, thanks. :yes: For some reason I had forgotten that tutorial.

There are some changes with OpenCollada versus the older one, mainly with turrets

Firepoint needs to be named multifirepoint  (same with the individual points)
The helper needs to be linked to the turret arm rather than the base

Also this was written back in '09 some of the details may no longer be correct (like the "-node" bit, no longer necessary).  I can't guarantee the glowpoint thing still works or not, I haven't used them in ages.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 12:59:42 am by Scooby_Doo »
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

What I would like to know is it possible to pass information to pcs2 through the dae about the glowpoints properties?  That would definitely made setting up glowpoints a lot easier.  You could easily setup christmas-lighing effect/airport runway lighting effects through some scripting instead of having to guess on the locations and timing in pcs2.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"