Author Topic: Graphic Issue (Textures)  (Read 1791 times)

Graphic Issue (Textures)
I'm running a Windows 7 64-bit machine with an i7, 4 gigs of RAM and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730. Diaspora starts and runs great with no issues except for one. Anywhere in the game where the models are rendered, either in the Tech area, hovering over ships in the pre-flight briefing or during the game/mission itself, it doesn't render the models. I can see the outline of the ships, but the textures aren't there. It's just a black space where the textures should be. I've gone over the in-game details, adjusting and testing them as well as changing from trilinear to bilinear filtering and adjusting the depth.

I've definitely reached the limit of what I know to check/tinker with. Any help would be appreciated as I'm a major BSG fan and I'd love to enjoy this game to it's fullest.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:56:39 pm by goodstarbuck »

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Re: Graphic Issue (Textures)
have you tried updating your drivers?

My graphics drivers are up to date.

Offline Deora11

I found a way, it might not work though. Go into the Launcher and go to advanced settings. Find the Custom Flags sections and paste -disable_glsl_mode in. This solved the problem for me.

Thanks Deora11, your work around worked for me. :)

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
I suggest first updating your drivers to see if you can run the game with shaders. If that doesn't work, then I guess disabling GLSL should be the last resort.

Offline Echelon9

I suggest first updating your drivers to see if you can run the game with shaders. If that doesn't work, then I guess disabling GLSL should be the last resort.

I.e. if disabling GLSL works as the final step, and your drivers are the most up to date available, then the drivers are likely buggy.

I have the same issue. Except the '-disable_glsl_mode' hasn't worked for me. It says it's an unrecognised command line parameter.

EDIT 2: There seems to be the same command already in the troubleshooting section. I used that instead of the custom flag and it's fixed! :D
EDIT: I wasn't supposed to put in the dash in front of the command, now it accepts it, however, no change in graphics. :(

I'm using a Dell Studio 17 laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650 and cannot change my gfx driver as in the past this has caused major problems. Afaik, I can only use the driver that was shipped with the system.

I have Freespace 2 on this system along with the graphic mod, could that be causing the problem?

Help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:18:27 am by HunterKiller_ »