Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 576143 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Also, server appears down.

Something's definitely broke. IP responds to ping, but can't join up or anything.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Hnng, ****ing brohoster.
Restartan.
EDIT: Restarted.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:38:03 am by qazwsx »
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I hate creepers...

Blew a hole in my sand hovel.

Ton of creepers everywhere when Shade was giving me a tour, too.

Edit:
****ING CREEPERS!
3 at a time! I can't get a break can I... :mad:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 08:52:00 am by Pred the Penguin »

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I lost my wolf after the restart. :(

EDIT: and now it's back
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:12:56 am by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Strange... the server won't let me connect. Does that mean it's down?

Offline Shade

Says offline on the server website, so I'd say so yeah. Stop breaking the server, people :p We have houses to improve and projects to work on, and we needs it. It is our preciousss...
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Yeah, I was just about to start building my castle in earnest... My mine finally served its purpose in getting me diamond.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
well, arse.
restarted
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Also, I find cobblestone kind of ugly, so anyone wants their building converted to say, smoothstone, or something similar, I've got no problem doing it.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Those are some impressive rail systems guys!

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Also, I find cobblestone kind of ugly, so anyone wants their building converted to say, smoothstone, or something similar, I've got no problem doing it.

I wonder if my leaning tower would look nice decked out in obsidian.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Shade

Those are some impressive rail systems guys!
Indeed. After powered rails were added (and later fixed), everyone kinda went crazy. There's rail bloody everywhere now, and more being planned and/or laid down every day. It is, in short, awesome :D

I don't really get this. I find smoothstone somewhat bland and boring, while cobblestone at least has some texture to it. I guess it might depend on whether one is using a texture pack or not though - personally, I'm using the stock textures.

I wonder if my leaning tower would look nice decked out in obsidian.
It would :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft

I don't really get this. I find smoothstone somewhat bland and boring, while cobblestone at least has some texture to it. I guess it might depend on whether one is using a texture pack or not though - personally, I'm using the stock textures.
I think its that I find the default texture has too much variation in it, if you look at most other blocks, they've got a single main colour and a bit of variation to give it some detail, cobblestone however varies from a light grey to almost pure black, and it's this strong contrast that bothers me.
I should probably just use a texture pack :/

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I agree with Shade... smooth stone is waay to bland in many cases. If you think there's a better material to build my castle out of, be sure to tell me.
Texture packs help, but they might make your old structures look odd.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Or combine smooth, cobble and stone slate for maximum awesome.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Guys.
The server is totally badass.

Offline Shade

I completely agree. I don't actually have any SMP experience outside of the HLP server, but what we've got going here is amazing and I doubt it can be the norm.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
When I logged on today I found a huge half-completed troll face staring at me with its teeth. o_o

I also inadvertently found a way into the under water base and the tower of doom. I never realized before that most of the bases were interconnected underground. 

Or combine smooth, cobble and stone slate for maximum awesome.
I'm having a hard time with stone slate, I'm not sure where to use it.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I think the interconnectedness is more of a case of so many people in such a small area running into each others mines. That said, no-one really owns the underwater base, I just built it one day, feel free to expand and build under there. :)

Offline Shade

And it seems to be down again.

[Edit] And up once more.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:48:12 am by Shade »