Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306564 times)

Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
I just finished the last few of the 24 episodes of Sword Art Online, in a nice 2-hour marathon this morning. I really, really enjoyed it.

idk, maybe it's just when compared to Shangri-La, but it seemed to succeed wildly in every area. I felt emotionally connected to the characters, they seemed to be real people with thoughts and motivations and junk, the story made sense and was engaging, the art was excellent, and the animation was also great.

Everything that was absent, badly done, or clouded over in Shangri-La and Samurai 7 was here in spades.

Next up: Psycho Pass, or Kotoura-san.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Go for psycho pass, I haven't seen kotura but I can bet anything it's way better and still be sure to brag about it.

SAO?, I though it was good until suddenly everyone stopped dying :P, then it turned into common rubbish.
As for Shangri-la, idk...think it was bad all the way for me. Their problems seemed so alien to me that I couldn't be arsed to care about them.
el hombre vicio...

Offline CKid

While waiting for the second half of the Doctor Who season to start, I found this little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kt3qZYUPi2Y
Pretty cool stuff.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Just finished a DS9 marathon.

Was struck by the fact that the last six episodes of the series simply did not seem as well-made as the average ones from Season Six...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
While waiting for the second half of the Doctor Who season to start, I found this little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kt3qZYUPi2Y
Pretty cool stuff.
What. In. The. Nine. Hells. Was. That. ?

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Senyuu is funny as all Hell.

[quote
Pretty cool stuff.
What. In. The. Nine. Hells. Was. That. ?

That was amazing, is what.

The style reminded me of this one: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=82229.0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU)
I wonder if they're related at all?

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yep, the same guy did both.  He seems to have removed the Doctor Who one from his own channel, for whatever reason.  Probably copyright bull****.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Hehe, the newest Girls und Panzer BR special has a Monty Python reference http://youtu.be/WCLlIwDDo2s
Habeeb it...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Nice animation, even though I've never watched doc Who.

On a slightly related topic, every now and then I get to watch this "Inferno Cop" ONA thing, check it out for a high level anime product.
And with high level I mean being high-type of anime, some of the episodes are funny.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Inferno Cop is the Anime of the Decade
Habeeb it...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Deadwood
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
^dude :blah:
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Super Dimension Fortress Macross.

I watched Robotech years back, and now I want to see the original, unspoiled version.

I am pleasantly surprised at what they did with Minmei's actress in the dub. I don't think I've ever heard of the same actress voicing both the Japanese and English dubs before.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Ahahaha, they're going to lure you in to watching 7.

I look forward to your suffering.

A Feddie Story

Macross 7 is completely unwatchable.  I think I quit on the third episode because it sucked so badly.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Honestly I can't even stand Frontier. When the original came out, it was subversive, even hostile, towards its own genre. It told a story that was, in a lot of ways, meant to reach the post World War 2 Japanese audience; of the good fight but for the wrong reasons, of losing everything and having to rebuild with the help of your enemies.

Frontier also reflects Japanese mentality towards World War 2. That reflection isn't nearly as flattering to Japan. (Though it's less damning than when you try to find that narrative thread in Zero.) And as Macross has become the genre standard in the years since, aping it is de rigor; the creativity of the original doesn't exist.

A Feddie Story

Ahahaha, they're going to lure you in to watching 7.

I look forward to your suffering.

Oh I doubt that.  :)

I've seen stuff about Macross 7 and it just looks absurd and silly, even by Macross standards.

Macross Frontier is a "maybe".
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"