Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306556 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
It's not so much that I hate it as I regret that it didn't live up to the potential I saw in it.

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Well this is discouraging.
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
i loved it and i still love it and i really need to watch the 3rd and 4th rebuilds.

okay, yes, i know what i hated. the original japanese dub.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I waffled between enjoyment and hate, and decided to settle on academic interest.  The first Rebuild movie was definitely a visual treat, though.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
damn, another episode from Shingeki no Kyojin full of stills and speech, aside from a few (really nice) moving animations.
And yet.... I cannot feel anything but HYPE.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Oh my freaking god, third trailer of Captain Harlock is out and I'm speechless.
http://youtu.be/59iIpApJScA

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
re-watching FMA:B. god i love it.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Oh my freaking god, third trailer of Captain Harlock is out and I'm speechless.
http://youtu.be/59iIpApJScA

I will sell both my nuts, both kidneys and half my liver to watch this (with subs) right now.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I'm about six episodes into Fate / Stay Night.  Can anyone who's watched it tell me if the protagonist stops acting like a complete tool anytime soon?

I'm approaching the conclusion of the Fate route in the visual novel, which I believe is the story the anime adapts, and the answer is...

Yes and no.

He does get some character development and starts to see the errors in some of his thinking. However, his basic "let's save everyone!" ideology never goes away.

I know what you mean though. I can't count the number of times I've wanted to slap Shirou upside the head throughout this story.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
In the Fate scenario, Shirou maintains his Fate / Stay in the Kitchen persona. In the next two he is much more well rounded.

Basically, the story as a whole can be seen as Shirou's way to deal with his unrealistic ideals.

Following them without question - Fate
Making compromises - Unlimited Blade Works
Giving them up - Heaven's Feel
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline LHN91

Basically what Ghostavo said - the anime's Shirou (and the Fate scenario Shirou) more or less retains his unrealistic ideals, though he does develop somewhat. Unlimited Blade Works shows a bit more compromise and development on his part, and Heaven's Feel is basically the systematic destruction of the unrealistic aspects of his ideals.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm about six episodes into Fate / Stay Night.  Can anyone who's watched it tell me if the protagonist stops acting like a complete tool anytime soon?

He doesn't.

Nobody else stops acting like a tool either.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Well, I just finished the Fate scenario, and it was... decent, but Saber isn't my favorite character. And yes, Shirou is still kind of a tool. He still did some pretty badass stuff in the end, there, though.

I will say that Shinji is one of the biggest douchebags I've ever seen. Seriously, it's rare that a fictional character has made me want to beat the **** out of them this much. Everything about him pisses me off. And Shirou going "Oh, that's just how Shinji is." was one of the biggest points at which I wanted to slap him. There is no excuse for him acting that way. None.

What did surprise me is how awesome Rin Tohsaka is. I'm not normally one who enjoys the tsundere archetype, but she's actually really entertaining.

I guess the next route to play is Unlimited Blade Works. More Archer, hooray!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I will say that Shinji is one of the biggest douchebags I've ever seen. Seriously, it's rare that a fictional character has made me want to beat the **** out of them this much. Everything about him pisses me off. And Shirou going "Oh, that's just how Shinji is." was one of the biggest points at which I wanted to slap him. There is no excuse for him acting that way. None.

Shinji Matou is one of the few truly and utterly despicable people I've ever seen in fiction. Normally you have to be written by James Patterson to be that creepy.

A Feddie Story

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
define "creepy"
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline LHN91

IIRC, you don't know the half of Shinji's... I'm trying to find a word here... Yet. I would rather not spoil Heaven's feel for him.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
IIRC, you don't know the half of Shinji's... I'm trying to find a word here... Yet. I would rather not spoil Heaven's feel for him.

I just read his wiki page, and it feels like there is more that has not been said. From what I have seen, I dislike. Greatly.

The Force shall free me.

I have heard that Shinji is somehow even worse in Heaven's Feel, yes.

And if that is so, please tell me he still dies in that route. I don't need to know how he dies, just that he's no longer around at the end...

(Roughly halfway through Unlimited Blade Works at the moment, so far I'm liking it a lot better than Fate.)

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
define "creepy"

I strongly advise not highlighting this spoiler unless you are prepared to ascend to a higher level of "this is really seriously screwed up and ****ing wrong".

Spoiler:
Raped his little sister.

A Feddie Story