Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 307070 times)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Fruits Basket was also enjoyable for something light hearted that you didnt need to pay much attention do.

Light hearted? How far along are you?
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Fruits Basket was also enjoyable for something light hearted that you didnt need to pay much attention do.

Light hearted? How far along are you?

That sounds forboding....Which has confused me, considering that i just read a brief synopsis which said that it's essentially the Anti-Evangelion in terms of general good feels.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
You might want to read this.

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Nearly through Heaven's Feel in FSN. (Day 12/16, so a bit more to go)

I cannot believe I'm saying this, but there may be a person in this story who is worse than Shinji Matou. I still hate him, but... holy crap, ZOUKEN!  :mad:

Awesome that Rider's finally getting a chance to shine though. And I'm liking Ilya's characterization in this route.

I also loved the fact that both Shirou and Tohsaka were complaining about Kirei going on and on in every scene he's in. That made me laugh a bit, because his long-winded exposition dumps do tend to wear on my patience.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Veers

I am referencing to the Fruits Basket Anime, not the Manga.

I enjoyed it more in a light-hearted sense. It was easy to understand and enjoy. How far along?, finished it.

From my understanding, the Anime stays mostly faithful to the Manga, but with some decent changes, like the curse is not broken in the Anime version.
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
At least he didn't try to say Puella Magi Madoka Magica was 'lighthearted'.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

What are you talking about? Of course it was! Whenever i need a good chuckle, I just whack an episode on and let the good times roll. There's nothing as entertaining as seeing people fall into a pit of endless dispair.  :mad2:
Erm, I mean...Umm...Kittens? :warp:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

That ending really bugs me.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
define "creepy"

I strongly advise not highlighting this spoiler unless you are prepared to ascend to a higher level of "this is really seriously screwed up and ****ing wrong".

Spoiler:
Raped his little sister.
****. :banghead:

EDIT: What I meant to do was tell you how you've convinced me not to read the spoilers. But clicking the quote revealed it to me anyway. :nono:

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!

That ending really bugs me.

Spoiler:
Now at least they don't fight in vain.

Also, third movie's coming.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

I have finished Fate Stay Night.

Went back and snagged the alternate endings to UBW and Heaven's Feel as well. May go after the Tiger Dojos just for fun too.

Pretty amazing piece of work, all things considered. In terms of routes, I'd say:   Unlimited Blade Works > Heaven's Feel > Fate.

I liked Heaven's Feel despite it being very depressing in some places, but the final exposition on just what the Holy Grail War was and how it was started was interesting. I also think it had the most emotional/dramatic and enjoyable climax out of all of them, but Unlimited Blade Works is still my favorite route overall.

If I had any complaints (possible spoilers, so...)
Spoiler:
it's that the sex scenes were... laughably written. Maybe it's just the English translation, but I could not take those seriously. That and Shinji being an absolute douche out of all douchebags ever (even Zouken got some token humanizing moments... granted, they were VERY few, but it's more than Shinji got!). The Fate route was kind of underwhelming as well, between Saber's rather bland personality and Shirou being stupid.

I think I might watch Fate/Zero now. Is there any word on how good Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is? I've heard it's in the process of being translated.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:02:14 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
I'm done with Evangelion now, at least until 3.0 is released in the US anyway. I did just receive the first volume of the manga from Amazon, though I haven't started reading it yet.

Next up, the Appleseed movies.

I have finished Fate Stay Night.
That's on my bucket list of anime to watch. What did you think of it?

I didn't watch the anime, I played the Visual Novel.

My thoughts can be found in the post right above your own.

well i'm rewatching farscape (i will not let the 'series' part of this thread's title go in vain!)
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
I didn't watch the anime, I played the Visual Novel.

My thoughts can be found in the post right above your own.
Ah, thanks, stupid question. I'll be sure to check it out eventually.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Next up, the Appleseed movies.

I did not like the first one, and didn't follow up with the sequel(s).  It was pretty obvious and boring, IIRC.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Dark Hunter, try the Tsukihime novel next.

Also, Nasu's
Spoiler:
sex
sea food metaphors are infamous. But no one reads the novels for those scenes. :p

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I was thinking about looking up this manga that I read a little bit off, a couple of years ago back at school. The problem is that I can't remember the name of the blasted thing. Can anyone give me a hand? It was about a girl with stigmata who is protected by a boy with a red Hand Cannon from some form of bad guy/organization or another.

Since remembering it, I've been going mad trying to find the blasted thing.

The Force shall free me.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I was thinking about looking up this manga that I read a little bit off, a couple of years ago back at school. The problem is that I can't remember the name of the blasted thing. Can anyone give me a hand? It was about a girl with stigmata who is protected by a boy with a red Hand Cannon from some form of bad guy/organization or another.

That really doesn't narrow it down, much.  :P