Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306601 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
We could expect the maid cafe, onsen, field trip and planet wide destruction coming soon.
Spoiler:
and best airhead friend being forced to fight her
* yuezhi  gets a nosebleed at the thought
Gah!

Anyone have thoughts on log horizon?
Problem is I'm not a good judge of anything, but a lot of comments online are saying it's different from SAO and probably better.

I did some pages back. But so far I like it. It feels it will have more humour than SAO, and more fun is always a good thing in my book.
Though as many has said it's a bit too early to say.

Spoiler:
Some people who claim to have read the Light Novels:s say that there are quite a lot of bad things happening in the world of Elder Tale, like excessive PK:ing, rape and sex slavery and so on. But it shall to be seen if the anime will cover those issues at all. Also there are a crapload of characters and side stories.
I suddenly thought of dekker for all the wrong reasons.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:52:26 pm by yuezhi »
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I decided to try K-On!, and I do like what I've seen so far. Unfortunately where I got my DVD from only had them in 4 episode volumes (as far as I could see), so I'll probably pick up the rest of them in the next few days.

Also I was going through Gurren Lagann again, but I sort of stopped a couple of weeks ago and haven't picked it up again yet. :nervous: Maybe I'll do that after K-On!...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
A friend convinced me to start Dangan Ronpa.  I do not regret this decision.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
I've seen that video before. It's lovely :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I really do not understand the humor in that meme.  At all.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Finally got myself to watch Rocket Girls. :) Love it. All KSP fans really should check it out. It has so many Kerbal moments. One of them, in fact, right at the start of the first episode. It's pretty good with science, too.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
So far this has been a pretty disappointing season.

The only one I'm sticking with is Log Horizon, for now.  It kind of needs to get off its ass and start doing something.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
At least Log Horizon is a bajillion times better than Sword Art Online.

I get into many spats with SAO-tards, but I actually like Log Horizon even if it's a little slow.

Been watching Infinite Stratos S2 to fill my idiot show quota... god its stupid! (And yes, I keep on watching!)

Kill la Kill is an interesting one... and crazy. It's like a twisted action-cross between Breaking Bad and Gurren Lagann.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
At least Log Horizon is a bajillion times better than Sword Art Online.

I get into many spats with SAO-tards, [...]

Gee.  I wonder why.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Log horizon seems to get lot of points from everyone just because it's always compared to SAO, but I've been following it and it's effectively an utterly generic-MEH piece of anime.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Log horizon seems to get lot of points from everyone just because it's always compared to SAO, but I've been following it and it's effectively an utterly generic-MEH piece of anime.
That describes about 95% of series made over the past several years, unfortunately.

But fortunately Kill la Kill is not one of those, and kicks extreme amounts of ass instead.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I Am Not Saying It Was Angels...
But it was Angels! Oh man, this is too rich.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Whelp, there went the little bit of slack I was giving Log Horizon.  Seven episodes in and nothing has happened.

This has not been a good season for television in general.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yeah, last episode was totally boring. This season is crap, the only thing worth watching is kill la kill and gatari.
el hombre vicio...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So, Legend of Korra Book 2 ended (or will end, depending on whether you watch the ending on TV or via web), and it was glorious. Not The Last Airbender glorious, the pacing of this season was very much all over the place, but it finally had an ending with consequences that felt earned
Spoiler:
Despite some unexplained and unnecessary Deus Ex Machina right at the end, does this show seriously have no other way of dealing with its endgames?

Then there's the Karl Urban and Michael Ealy shoot stuff hour, AKA Almost Human, which started this weekend. I can't really call that one amazing, although it certainly started stronger than Agents of SHIELD. If you're a sucker for early 80s Cyberpunk future that actively seeks out to utilize as many visual references from Blade Runner, Robocop, Dark Angel and such as humanly possible, give it a watch.

Also, Karl Urban shoots stuff.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Book 2 started and ended as a disappointment. In addition to what The E already said, my biggest issue with Book 2 is how all the characters in Book 2 turned out so unlikable.

Spoiler:
Korra was totally like anakin over halfway through the Book 2. Asami and Bolin were idiots. Granted, it is Bolin's character being an idiot but honestly, in Book 2 he also a douche. As if those two detectives didn't bring enough idiocy to the police force, Lin Beifong had to reinforce that even further. It's like everyone's stupidity factor was turned up to eleven to suit Book 2's story, which wasn't all that good either. Mako was the only likable character in Book 2. The only one who wasn't total idiot, douche or incompetent. Not even villains were likable, except for Varrick.

Book 2 left poor taste in my mouth and to be honest, I'd rather have not seen this at all. In comparison, Book 1 was a lot better, but Korra has yet to live up to its expectations of Last Airbender.

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Skingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). Just finished it, it was great!
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.