Author Topic: Release of my campaign (so far...)  (Read 3592 times)

Release of my campaign (so far...)
I've been working on a little something for a while now, and it seems a shame that nobody else has been benefitting from it.  So, what I have finished so far may be found here.

On a smaller note, this leads to a mission that one of my friends created, and wishes to release.

Here is a modified version of the ship table FS2 uses.  All I've done is update the tech room descriptions for some of the ships.  Note that the updates take into account Capella and all, so you may wish to finish the main FS2 campaign before downloading this.

Both the campaign and the mission are able to be run with normal FS2.  
The modified ship table requires FS_Open as normal FS2 cannot handle the increased size of the file.

All comments are welcome.  Thank you.

kv1at3485
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 02:58:48 pm by 1077 »

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
Not sure if it's wise to throw a half-finished campaign out into the world (it might discourage people from playing the finished thing if it's buggy or not very good in it's present state), but kudos for getting on with a project! I'll give it a go when I've got some free time. :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Lets take a look, i'm so bored. :D

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I strongly suggest you finish it first, but hey, I admire your attitude. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Hi, out of curiousity, can I get an idea of how many people actually downloaded my campaign? :)  (Let alone played it? :nervous: )

Thanks!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
From what I've seen of your bug testing on other threads you seem to know FRED fairly well (and also have a good idea of what works and what doesn't in a mission) so I'm looking forwards to playing this when it's complete.

I just don't want to spoil it for myself until then though. :)

Finish it and I'll definately play it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Hmm, that does seem to be the problem.  The concept of the campaign is rather grand.  You could say I'm releasing my work since there is a good chance that I may not finish it at all.  (Let's just say that in the current scheme, it's less than 10% complete.  At the current rate of work, completion should come about sometime at the end of the decade.  :lol: )  

Saying that, I'm seriously considering offering my services to preexisting efforts, but I just want to see what others think of my skills first.  Afterall, I don't wan't to go looking for greater FREDding responsiblities if the types of missions I make just don't cut it.  (For example, I have a feeling that I put to much emphasis on capital ships, but I'm not too sure how bad the problem actually is.)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Hmmm. Maybe I should try the first mission :) Do you have any stand alone missions?

Yes, but they're packaged in the .vp file along with the campaign.  (Go figure... ;) )

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll give them a try then. Might take me a while though. I'm still playing Homesick :D

Well, take your time, by all means!  Campaigns like Homesick should not be unduly rushed. :nod: