Author Topic: RELEASE: Neo-Terra  (Read 8875 times)

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Oups, sorry for Double post

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Lol, You are killing his campaign :p
Perhaps, he does those missions with an insane difficulty for more challenge. It's an idea.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Or he simply tested the missions on Easy. I had no problem with difficulty while playing on Easy.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline varus

Yeah, this campaign was a bit odd.  I got up to the blockade mission, and finally said it wasn't worth it.  

The idea is good.  The mission designs are good.  But WHY do you need almost a hundred bombers jumping in?  The end game V missions you get 20-30 kills.  Getting 34 kills in the first mission is nice, but a bit excessive.   If the Shivans needed to deal with your 13th Vasudan battlegroup they would have run away.  (All those bombers, outfitted with Trebs and helios, would make a pair of Sathanas REALLY scared.)

A pair? A PAIR?!  IS THAT ALL?!!!?!!??!11oneone!!111one!!11!!!!

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Yeah I did design this campaign to be much harder, I also had in mind for it to be abit more based on the action sort of thing rather then the realism. My bad :(

Well am workin on the 2nd part of the campaign now called United Earth.

I plan for this to be alot better than Neo-Terra since I now no what sort of things you look for.

I guess you could call this a "Trail by error" campaign :)

So far its been 50-50 on people who like it and people who don't. I've had people e-mail me and say they liked the campaign but it was too hard in other areas (Such as the amount of fighters etc)

Anyways like I said I hope for the United Earth campaign to be better since I no what you all like now :)
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Let me give you several advices:

1. Use initial orders on wings, not individula fighters... It's easier and better...

2. Don't order enemy fighters to attack alpha wing - the best option is allways Attack Any Ship, unless you want them to do some specific action..

3. Watch where you put your suns...putting htem behind the enemy in 1-2 mission is OK, but for every second one? and allso watch the backgrounds.. You stretched one planet a bit too much...

4. If you put enemy wings to have 4-5 wawes and you are outnumbered, then freinedly wings should allso have wawes to balance it out a bit...

5. Be sure to check the loadout given to fighters/bombers at the start of mission. Nothing beats 2 wings of bombers on a bombng runf wiht Rockeyes...LOL
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Originally posted by TrashMan
Let me give you several advices:

1. Use initial orders on wings, not individula fighters... It's easier and better...

2. Don't order enemy fighters to attack alpha wing - the best option is allways Attack Any Ship, unless you want them to do some specific action..

3. Watch where you put your suns...putting htem behind the enemy in 1-2 mission is OK, but for every second one? and allso watch the backgrounds.. You stretched one planet a bit too much...

4. If you put enemy wings to have 4-5 wawes and you are outnumbered, then freinedly wings should allso have wawes to balance it out a bit...

5. Be sure to check the loadout given to fighters/bombers at the start of mission. Nothing beats 2 wings of bombers on a bombng runf wiht Rockeyes...LOL

Thanks for the advice :)

I'll keep it in mind.
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

when i was playing not one of my wingmen survivrd any mission, except one where alpha 2 was invincible, also most of the cap ships started to make strange movements when fighting.

Offline Kie99

I widh more ppl would use Spoiler tags! If I hadn't played this campaign partly I would know about
Spoiler:
Raynor Vs. Colossus

Spoiler:
Any way in Raynor vs. colossus it worked fine 4 me, the Raynor chased the colossus and couldn't be hit from behind it, then the Colossus P1553d off
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Another working (hopefully) mirror here

Updated: 11/16/04
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 03:12:03 pm by 2010 »

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by kietotheworld
Any way in Raynor vs. colossus it worked fine 4 me, the Raynor chased the colossus and couldn't be hit from behind it, then the Colossus P1553d off

Why, praytell, are you speaking half 1337? :rolleyes:
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
pipe-zero-pipe-slash-pipe-g-h-four-pipe-slash-pipe-d pipe-three-three-seven zero-slash-backslash-slash-backslash-pipe-slash-pipe-five y-zero-pipe-underscore-pipe.

*insert maniacal laughter here, and a cookie to whoever figures out what I was doing*
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
You forgot to post Neo-Terra here ;)
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline kane544

When I finished the first mission of this campaign I couldn't even warp out of some stupid message the engines have failed. When I tried to warp out of the Vasudan Gaunlet mission I got the same message. What can I do about this problem? Just to note that its only affected FSOpen.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You're not using 3.6 on very easy by any chance? That warp out bug was cured ages ago and there's a solution to the problem in the 3.6 thread in the SCP forum.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Given the experience I gathered whilst playing Neo-Terra, I find it more than possible that he played on Very Easy.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline kane544

Yes I was playing on very easy.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
So you know the problem and you are able to remedy it.

Good Luck with the campaign

Offline kane544

Yes I know the problem and No I am not able to remedy it because I can't find the cure on that thread.