Author Topic: RELEASE: Cleaning Crew  (Read 6349 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
RELEASE: Cleaning Crew
I have a publicly released campaign now. Wooo. Go me.

In case you haven't guessed, I'm unreasonably proud of myself for this.

Standard dealy to install, either drop it in the main directory or drop it in a folder and use the -mod command or the FSO launcher. FSO only, folks, sorry, that's the format I saved the missions in. I tested it on Medium, where it gave me a run for my money several times, but I'm a bit of a mediocre player.

There is a single known issue with campaign: in the first mission, it occasionally chooses to CTD for reasons that I cannot determine. Just load up the program and play again, it's never done it to me twice in a row.

Post-Capella mop-up with the Vasudan 33rd Heavy Fighter Squadron...and a surprise at the end...

Cleaning Crew

Edit: Uploaded rebalanced version, improved enemy AI class/weapons loadout in most missions. Balance not tested: your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 05:32:41 pm by 2191 »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i'll try this later this week, since i'm busy
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline wolfdog

Hmm.. just finished this, And I liked it:)

The Balancing wasn't perfect, but not bad either. (for example, the first mission is way too easy.. even for a mission in which you attack haevily damaged shivan ships)  

In the mission where you have to intercept the 2 shivan corvettes, the maras are packed too close, with 1 kayser/tempest swipe,  took out half of them.... Don't really know anything else to say.. except: Great job!:yes: :) :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by wolfdog
Don't really know anything else to say.. except: Freat job!:yes: :) :D
:lol:

Offline wolfdog

Originally posted by Goober5000
:lol:

already edited that..:D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
w00t, new campaignage! :D

Offline mitac

Played some missions. So far, it's all been very easy, and there were some logical flaws. I'll let you know once I'm done.
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
If I tried to add more fighters to the first mission, it would crash to desktop on load. I suspect I'm hitting some limit in the program, but don't know for sure. Anyways, balancing has never been my strongpoint. I'll work on it.

Edit: In fact, I just did.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 05:33:13 pm by 2191 »

A Feddie Story

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Three things:

1) You misspelled the names of a few of the ships from the main campaign.

#2 in spoiler tags... not much of a spoiler, but...
Spoiler:
2) Ancients tech.. is a Ulysses? WTF? I think you should either ask someone to come up with a new model for the Unknowns, or add something into the final debriefing to confirm that you're working on a second chapter. If you're not.... :mad:

3) Ending on a cliffhanger? Bad, bad idea.

pi) You realize that we're going to need a second chapter now, right?

Edit: Added spoiler tags.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 03:51:40 am by 1527 »

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Ooh, a cliffhanger ending? Awesome. *downloads*

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Okay, just finished it. Kinda easy, but oh well. It was pretty fun.

First off, there seems to be a lack of much Y axis-ness in many of the missions. Also there are a few weird things with the directives - at one point there were two of the same directive, both being completed at different times (in the second mission I think).

Annorax:
Spoiler:
The Ancient ships appeared fine to me. Ulysses is the default ship FS2 reverts to if it can't find the model.

Overall, I liked it. Story was intruiging, and while the missions were a little easy they were still pretty enjoyable. The ending was pretty good - I hope to see a second part at some point :).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 04:49:43 am by 1494 »

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I always planned on a second chapter.

Spoiler:
You mean the Phoenicia, don't you? I hate that ship's name, I do... I doubt I misspelled the Actium's name, I've seen it often enough in the tech room. Ditto the Aquitaine. Oh, and one other ship from a canon FS campaign made an appearance. Kudos to you if you figure it out.

A Feddie Story

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by ngtm1r
I always planned on a second chapter.

Spoiler:
You mean the Phoenicia, don't you? I hate that ship's name, I do... I doubt I misspelled the Actium's name, I've seen it often enough in the tech room. Ditto the Aquitaine. Oh, and one other ship from a canon FS campaign made an appearance. Kudos to you if you figure it out.
[/B]

Spoiler:
Two ships. GVG Jooyun and GTC Ertanax. Which were the ones you misspelled. :P [/nitpick]

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Lemme check those again...

A Feddie Story

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
i liked it except there are a few minor mistakes

1) Jump node 0 is various missions
2) intrasystem subspace jumps are instantaneous according to the tech room
3) no background bitmaps, this made the backgrounds kinda dull
4) Shivan fighters ususally start off on the XZ plane.  If you want to break up the flatness of the mission, use the "Near Ship" arrival property instead of having the ship appear at the exact spot you placed it.
5) The GTD Phonecia was a Hecate-Class (Bearbaiting)
6) There was a mention in the breifing about getting kaysers in the last mission, but i was able to load them before hand
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by PhReAk
i liked it except there are a few minor mistakes

1) Jump node 0 is various missions
2) intrasystem subspace jumps are instantaneous according to the tech room
3) no background bitmaps, this made the backgrounds kinda dull
4) Shivan fighters ususally start off on the XZ plane.  If you want to break up the flatness of the mission, use the "Near Ship" arrival property instead of having the ship appear at the exact spot you placed it.
5) The GTD Phonecia was a Hecate-Class (Bearbaiting)
6) There was a mention in the breifing about getting kaysers in the last mission, but i was able to load them before hand

I could've sworn the Phoenicia was an Orion....

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
1. and 6.) Briefing was a dumb error on my part. So was the node.

2.) Intrasystem jumps are instantous? Umm, negative on that. I just checked the techroom, it says nothing to that effect. Exact wording of the intrasystem jump paragraph: "First, an intrasystem jump between two points in a star system. Most small space-faring vessels are equipped with motivators capable of these short jumps. An intense gravitational field is required, prohibiting travel beyond the boundries of a star system."

3.) Try the scramble mission to defend the civil station again. There's a huge honkin' planet hanging there behind you and slightly to your right as enter the mission. Aside from orbital shots of planets, though, I don't do backgrounds. Partly because I suck at them, partly because they're unrealistic, and partly because of my playing style. I came to kill stuff, not look at the backgrounds, so the lack doesn't bother me. Or it would seem other people, since you're the first to comment.

4.) The Near-Ship annoys me. Greatly. It constantly gives me errors or recommended distance, and frankly I'm not going to use a function that is giving me a lot of crap. I placed my fighters manually and foolishly didn't move most of them in the y-axis.

5.) Phoenicia was Orion-class. I know. I checked. I've played the mission often enough.

A Feddie Story

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
SM3-01.fs2 would disagree.

Code: [Select]
$Name: Phoenicia ;! Object #19
$Class: GTD Hecate

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
...buh? I've played that mission so many times, it's always been an Orion... I remember because you couldn't see the bow for the Sath beams...

Edit: I'm going to take a look at the mission in FRED right now...

Edit 2: It is a Hecate. Okay, now I'm offically confused.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 05:14:54 pm by 2191 »

A Feddie Story