Author Topic: Vassago's dirge 'white out'?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline NickM

Vassago's dirge 'white out'?
Gang,

I'm playing Vassago's Dirge and have made it to what I think is the end..

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

I just uploaded the virus at Caligari Station and wasted a lot of time trying to get to the Terran controlled Shivan transport; suddenly the screen goes white ( like a nuke or something?!) but then the game freezes or in any case it never comes to the briefing screen--and I waited quite a bit.
Am I missing something? How did the story end?

TIA

NM the FDA

Re: Vassago's dirge 'white out'?
There's a fade-out in white and then a completely white loading screen for the next mission. While loading Windows will sometimes report FSO as not responding, try just waiting a bit longer for the next mission to load.

It's also possible that the loading failed.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline NickM

OK thanks; from that I can only guess there are more missions to be flown.

Offline NickM

There's a fade-out in white and then a completely white loading screen for the next mission. While loading Windows will sometimes report FSO as not responding, try just waiting a bit longer for the next mission to load.

OK I got past the 'white out' but then ...a few strange scenes happened. What exactly happened at the end of the campaign? I'm not sure what happened.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Think about what you learned! Imagine!

OK I got past the 'white out' but then ...a few strange scenes happened. What exactly happened at the end of the campaign? I'm not sure what happened.

As an actual answer.
Shivans have weird effects on those who fight against them. Axem loves delving into the horror side of great, cosmic, unknowable destroyers. So, throughout Vassago's Dirge, you try to stop the Ravana that came through the Knossos during Lion at the Door's briefing animatic. And at the end... through the Shivan com node you see through Shivan eyes Capella *after* it was destroyed. The whole debriefing is GTI trying to pry the secrets out of a pilot who has either consciously or subconciously suppressed the vision they just saw.

Offline NickM

OK; I kept thinking the character was being 'possessed' by a Shivan or was captured by the Shivans and having your mind probed or something...

Who knows, that might be somewhat accurate. The Shivans are an inscrutable lot. But the key thing seems to be the Com Node since that's what the camera is centered on.