Author Topic: RELEASE: GTGs Prominence  (Read 56653 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Starting a gunship (needs a name)
That's good. :)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Derpity derpee durr

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH MUTHA****AS IT'S TIME TO TEXTURE THIS BIYATCH

I know it's all supposed to be on the one grid square, I UV'd it on 1x2 since that's what the texture will be. I'm scaling it down to fit right now.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
 :bump:

Begun texturing. Haven't worked on this thing all vacation. Derp.

Not sure whether to keep the tiles on the armor sheath, keep it relatively uniform, or scrap it and change that whole part of the texture

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I approve of the tiles.  Not so happy about the yellow panels that appear to be windows.  Other than that it looks bamf.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Agrees with Esarai, whole texture looks good but that yellow windows/panels looks bad. If it supposed to be FS ship, you should try to make something like some lights from FS.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I like it. It's a refreshing change from all those Deimos-textured ships around here. Pretty good job on those textures !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
The yellow on the turrets is (probably oversaturated) markings. The yellow on the top is very, very WIP windows.

It's actually not for FS, and I wanted to do something a bit different from FS, but I agree they look awkward (As always, feel free to modify parts of the texture- or the whole frakking thing :P- once I release it). :)

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'd like to see darker armor plating on the main sheath, but maintain the light metal texture about the rim of the structure.

Fo windows, I'd like to see small slits, perhaps up to a foot in height when not in areas essential to the vessel's operation (such as crew quarters). If you could then get normal maps to sink those windows into the hull, I think you'd give the impression of having a very tough, durable ship.

Lastly, having marking which cut across the hull laterally or horizontally would do a lot to boost the appearance of the vessel, I think.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
 :yes:

Lookin' good.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline carn1x

Has this thing settled on a name yet? For some reason "Armadillo" comes to mind.

Also, I know you mentioned it's a cruiser, but how big is it in relation to the others, and what kind of role do you envisage it taking?

I think it's look pretty awesome :)

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
It's about Fenris size, although much tougher, and it's a general-purpose warship that's good at both offensive and defensive positions, although the frontal beam weapon makes a pack of them great for Serkr-style strikes.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
Random update! Progress is very slow because mudkipz and uni

The engines are very WIP at the moment. I'm probably going to tone down that tile texture and do most of the detailing myself. The blue parts are going to be part of the glowmap, not the diffuse map, and I might try and animate them like the Shivan glowmaps but more... fiery. I dunno (I would obviously also include a non-animated version).

The beam on the front is either going to be 2 meters wide or three times as wide as the gunship, depending on who I feel like pissing off (j/k)

blargh

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
That engines are fugly... I haven't noticed it before. They're too big. Don't fits to that ship IMHO.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They're not "fugly". IMO they look pretty good. They give the ship a unique industrial feel.

inb4 cables are too thick

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
inb4 cables are too thick

The least you could have done was follow that up with something else to actually say about the work presented. Some form of related observation, question, compliment or constructive feedback.

That was more than useless.

Shivan Hunter: I have no idea if that shot presents us with 2 very angry beam cannons, or the engines. If they are engines, given the side plating we see, I find it odd that they would be so exposed. But I'm not familiar with (or even know if) what Universe that design may be from or inherited. Maybe some plating armor 'tent' structure (akin to what we see on the sides) can 'drape' over the engines, allowing for a cool (if limited angle) view of the works while providing some semblance of design intention for survival.

Otherwise, a nicely detailed model. It has a crisp sort of look to it.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
The least you could have done was follow that up with something else to actually say about the work presented. Some form of related observation, question, compliment or constructive feedback.

That was more than useless.
Get that stick out of your ass, would ya ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I've moved the engines in a couple meters in response to Zacam's (and Betrayal's rather blunt) post (and yeah, those big series of tubes are the engines), but having them exposed like they are is a design decision I made early on in the concept drawing. I could defend it with technobabble about radiation of heat or whatever, but it's a design aspect that I've been using on all my concepts for ships in this style.

[EDIT] Oy you kids stop fighting

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
MOAR WIP STUFF and I really should be doing my Combinatorics homework right now

Textured the beam cannon, part of the sensor array and some bits on the missile turrets on the sides. Also separated some stuff out into a glowmap; what you see here is the diffuse map + glow map, in the diffuse channel. I'd put an actual glowmap in Wings but Wings isn't cooperating.