Author Topic: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?  (Read 44571 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?
Maybe you could put out the call for it -- ask community members to try their hand at the first mission of Act 4, and if the work is close enough to how you would do it, then you could greenlight them for a couple more missions, etc.

It's worth noting that HLP's history is covered with evidence that larger teams do not necessarily mean work gets done faster or at a higher quality. In fact, in most cases, it's been the small teams that actually release something at all. Battuta already hinted at it when he said anyone joining the team would really have to be on the same wavelength. FRED skills are only the first requirement.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

:yes: As cool as the Act 3 gimmicks were, I'd wish that you'd pick 1 or 2 extra gameplay mechanics and focus on making them a polished and useful tool throughout the campaign.
Things like the tower defense mission are an impressive achievement in the FSO engine, but are maybe better left for single missions in the tech room.

Yeah learning and then forgetting all those new mechanics was a little frustrating. But you gotta hand it to the BP team for finding a way to make FS2 work as a dating sim/visual novel.

Yeah learning and then forgetting all those new mechanics was a little frustrating. But you gotta hand it to the BP team for finding a way to make FS2 work as a dating sim/visual novel.

I think you are referring to Wings of Dawn (or Just Another Day, possibly) here. That was made by Spoon (with Axem's help), not the BP team. It just uses the same FSO engine.

I think you are referring to Wings of Dawn (or Just Another Day, possibly) here. That was made by Spoon (with Axem's help), not the BP team. It just uses the same FSO engine.

Actually i'm talking about the mission where you can flirt with Simms

Actually i'm talking about the mission where you can flirt with Simms

Oh, ok! my bad!

Still doesn't qualify as visual novel though.

Next BP fan campaign Laporte x Simms dating VN. ;)

Next BP fan campaign Laporte x Simms dating VN. ;)

Someone call Axem!

About every six months or so I pop back in and take a looksie. And I will. Till its done. :P

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
About every six months or so I pop back in and take a looksie. And I will. Till its done. :P

That's actually a valid tactic. Keep annoying and scolding someone until they get their work done.

Actually, that sounds like marriage, now that I think about it.... :lol: :nod: ;7 :drevil:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Any news / updates on Act 4 and Act 5?

Any news / updates on Act 4 and Act 5?

Shhhhh we still have two months to go until our six-month check in :P

*hovers eagerly*

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
*hovers eagerly*

*Also hovers eagerly over manwithamachinegun's shoulder without caring about anyone else's personal space*  :D
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline danilm

BP is so good, so fun, so engaging, and so moving, that I'm happy to wait however long it takes. If I win the lottery I'll happily hire the whole dev team full-time to get it done.

Someone post anime cat girls to get their attention, wait, that only works on Spoon... Damn. :3

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
draw laporte as an anime cat girl. do we even have a canon appearance for laporte?

Clap your hands if you believe in War In Heaven and BP3. :D

*Clap*

Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
*CLAP*
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.