Author Topic: Best Game Soundtrack  (Read 19609 times)

I have to give Bungie credit for the best game soundtrack ever created. Halo 1 was excellent, with Halo 2 being even better. My favorite songs from the H2 soundtrack are either In Amber Clad, or The Last Spartan.

What's your favorite soundtrack?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Not Halo, for sure...  :lol:

Any and all Descent soundtracks. Of those, probably Level 3 of the original.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
MechWarrior 2/Mechwarrior 2: Mercs/Mechwarrior 2: Ghost Bear's Legacy.
Halo (First, second soundtrack had only one worthwile track.)
Homeworld/Homeworld Cataclysm.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Original C&C, hands down.  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 04:27:03 pm by Ghostavo »
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'll forego the normal Homeworld etc because I always say those...

Rise of Legends has a pretty good soundtrack :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Gothic 3
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Must admit, from the videos of it, yeah the music sounds good. I just hope it's not too much like Oblivion :)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Halo3 from what I've heard so for. :)

Otherwise, SoTC, Total Annihilation, and of course more Marty with Myth.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Rise o' Legends has a pretty good soundtrack :)

Quite true, I enjoy it much, and it's even my girlfriend's favorite game soundtrack.  :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Must admit, from the videos of it, yeah the music sounds good. I just hope it's not too much like Oblivion :)

I had a chance to try it out on Games Convention. The game IS better than Oblivion. :)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Oooh, that sounds hopeful.  I were bein' a bit concerned on account o' th' video seemed t' show some graphics lag, but I couldn't tell if it were bein' th' Engine or th' streamin' video.  :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
th' game does require powerful hardware although accordin' t' German gamin' magazines th' developers were able t' optimize th' game engine.  Still, there seems t' be a room fer improvement.  Anyway, if ye have a Geforce6800 GPU an' 1GB o' RAM, then ye are a "Gothic 3-ready gamer" :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Homeworlds music is rather soothing..
The theme song from Undying..... spine tingling.
Morrowind has some good orchisteral music
can't think of any others right offhand.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Mine would be just about every song from FFX and the main theme and Olivert song from FFIX.  On top of those, the credits music from FS2 and the music from the mission in the Transcend campaign where you kill the Transcendant.

Ok...it's a long list...  :nervous:
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Final Fantasy VI.  Duh, by Blackbeard's cutlass.  Why is this even in question, avast?

The only soundtracks wot even deserve t' be mentioned alongside FFVI is Sakuraba's an' Mitsuda's absolute best, an' maybe Sakimoto's as well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 06:21:21 pm by Mr. Vega »
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I'm suprised no one mentioned:
-Betrayal at Krondor
-Beneath a Steel Sky (the intro)
-Deus Ex
-Drakan
-Earth 2150
-Extreme Assault
-Freespace (1)
-Haegemonia
-Heroes of Might and Magic (2)(3)
-Imperium Galactica 2
-KOTOR (1)(2)
-Planescape Torment
-System Shock 2
-Terra Nova
-Tie Fighter (the parts NOT composed by John Williams)
-The Journeyman Project
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Can't forget Wing Commander  :D

oh add Thief 1&2 (can't play 3) to the list
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I rather enjoyed the in game music on the Destruction Derby Games!  :nod:

They were rockin'!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions