Author Topic: Caprica 1x02 "Rebirth" [Spoilers]  (Read 2790 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Caprica 1x02 "Rebirth" [Spoilers]
Discussions on Fedoras, Religion and Robots Go!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Caprica 1x02 "Rebirth" [Spoilers]
Well I psudo-watched it while converting and on IRC but it seemed good.  Had a ship in there that looked sort of like a Whitestar with a slightly different wing config. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I dig the Taurons, William Adama in A Bronx Tale :D.  Knew I picked Taurus as a class name for a reason :D

Offline Hotdog

I love the pyramid scenes the best.Reminds me of football.Its also weird seeing a little william adama as a little mobster!

In the previews for the season as well as the intro there is some sort of airplane or early pre cylon war fighter that looks like an old WWII plane.If its a space fighter that would be awesome to have in Diaspora!Its when they show that zeplin looking blimp.

Also I really hope they put armor on those cylons this season and make them look like actual centurions.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:52:07 pm by Hotdog »
"Life here began out there"-Sacred Scrolls

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I quite enjoyed it, I'll continue watching.

I think the intro credits were really well done, and as always Bear's music is epic.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Hotdog

I wonder if Zoe will turn out to be the Cylons Imperious Leader?

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
It is done, imperious leader
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I really hope they dig into the fluff for the for the different Colonies.  Capricans certainly seem to have a superior view of themselves, at least towards the Tauronese so far, and the unwashed Saggies as we learn in BSG (though everyone looks down on Saggies).  The spheres of influence, power dynamics and politics really could be pretty interesting and i hope they elaborate.  Considering a Tauron company (Virgis?) seems to be competing for Caprican military contracts I'd wager she might be under Caprica's control. 

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
I must say, that anthem sounded god awful

"LALALALALALA

CAPRICA!!!!!!!"

We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Hotdog

Actualy the anthem was So Say We All,So Say We All,So Say We All just really deep.

The colonies seem to mirror some of our real life nations here on Earth.So far I have Caprica=America Tauron=Mexico/other hispanic countrys Arilon=Ireland/U.K.

Also they never said Virgis was a Tauron company.Its probably a Virgon one with a name like Virgis.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:25:26 pm by Hotdog »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Um yeah they did twice.  First when Joseph asks his brother to to steal the MCP.  Sam told him Ha'la'tha has good relations with Vergis since it's Tauronese and that Joseph would need to go threaten the Minister in order for the syndicate to do it.  It was again pointed out after the proto Cylon demonstration when the government rep tells Graystone Caprica was't serious about Vergis since Taurons are all thieves.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I wonder if Zoe will turn out to be the Cylons Imperious Leader?

Well I think one of 2 things will happen:

1.  They will find a way to copy Zoe's ability but not emotions to other Cylons (or so they think).  Some higher ups will then decide the truth is too dangerous and deactivate her.  This will trigger the emotions in the Cylons and they revolt. 

2.  They figure out her method of copying herself and start secretly copying others in the same method.  They start killing people while in the virtual realm to provide for the demand for the Cylons.  In doing so they make the mistake of copying some of the terrorists.  The terrorists then start the process of the revolt.  Method B here is they use copies of executed prisoners resulting in the terrorists becoming Cylons and carrying out their agenda.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras