Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48606 times)

Offline crizza

Gone are the days, when you hit the accel button and went for a beer...now upon your return your tank will have fallen to death^^

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Sometimes I think it does, actually, but it supposedly doesn't.

Sidenote: the new physics engine is going to cause people to stop actually playing the game for a couple weeks. Why?

That's why.

That's awesome.
Crush the puny insects!!!!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Bridges in this game must be built pretty well if they can hold up the mass of a Maus. :P

Offline CKid

So .8.0 came out and I got say, physics are fun!

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:31:41 pm by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline crizza

Well...
I had an encounter with my AMX 1375 against two enemy light tanks...sort of...race war... :D
The end? We were shooting the crap out of each other, did not watch where we're going...and all fell to death...tough luck^^

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I found a glitch in one of the maps where a small enough tank can clip into a bunker and get sent flying (sometimes several km/s up into the ceiling of the entire map and explode)
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline CKid

I found a glitch in one of the maps where a small enough tank can clip into a bunker and get sent flying (sometimes several km/s up into the ceiling of the entire map and explode)

Yes, the map is Siegfried Line. I've seen the youtube clips of ELC AMXs being used as clay disc for skeet shooting. Pretty funny stuff.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I've been on the good side of physics, shoving somebody off a cliff, and the bad, which was getting a hummel knocking my ELC into tank traps where I couldn't move and scarpering.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Patriot

http://worldofwarplanes.com/news/117-beta-key-giveaway/

Just thought i'd drop that off here, in case anyone was interested

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
* Scotty is already in WoWP, and has been for several months.

Offline Patriot

ERMAHGERD, well, other people might not :(

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Would love to play, but I don't I have the time...

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
The tech tree of WoWP looks absolutely moronic for many an instance. There's just things in there that... grind so badly with logic and common sense...

...Why would you even bother with the Bf 109TL... and other matters of that sort?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
The tech tree of WoWP looks absolutely moronic for many an instance. There's just things in there that... grind so badly with logic and common sense...

...Why would you even bother with the Bf 109TL... and other matters of that sort?
To fill up the lines with planes where the line needs filling, even if they were prototypes and whatnot? I really have no issue with it.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Yeah, but there were so many better choices for one to opt for...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Yeah, but there were so many better choices for one to opt for...

It's apparently very important in the Russian mind to have trees of semi-homogenous designer and manufacturer.

Hence why we have a consistant line of Lavochkin and Illyushin aircraft, rather than interspersed with products from Yakovlev or Mikoyan-Gurevich. Same thing with the German trees being all-Messerschmitt beyond a certain point.

**** knows why we switch from Grumman to Vought at Tier 6 in the US carrier line, though.

A Feddie Story

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Thing is, why not use the Me 262 HG II, which not only looks cooler than the TL, but is a far better transition to the transonic HG III. Use an advanced version of the Jumo 004, some of which even were to have afterburning, and you've got a really sweet fighter that neatly bridges the gap between the smexy Me 262A and the afore-mentioned HG III.

In actuality, the Bf 109TL represented a "kitbash" fighter - unlike American kitbash fighter projects, the Germans passed on the opportunity to develop the project fully. The wing was a development of the Me 155's wing (the Me 155 essentially began as a navalized Bf 109G with a new wing design) and various other Bf 109 parts/Bf 109 developments cobbled together to make a fighter capable of acting the part of a jet fighter. On certain grounds, it is possible it may have outdone the Me 262 on some levels. The wing was supposed to be more sophisticated aerodynamically than the standard 109's wing, and the fighter may have had a lower wing loading than the Me 262. The 262's 18 degree leading-edge-sweep did not reportedly assist much on the airspeed front, but was more so a measure to properly balance the center or pressure with the center of gravity. The designers speculated that airspeed may have been higher in the TL due to a lower frontal area, something for which the Bf 109 is rather... unmatched in.

Ultimately, you'd need to do some proper scientific testing to really validate all the above points to see if the TL may have out-done the 262 in practice. I'm actually not convinced it would have, not on all counts, at least. I also wonder why no one puts a Galland Hood on the TL, especailly if they want it to outpace the 262... Heavy canopy framing is so 1943...

-Nuke

"Jesus saves.

"

-Flipside

-Nuke

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If historical accuracy is your thing, World of <Vehicle> games are not for you.  At least, not until several years after release.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
From my screenshot collection, I present to you The Massacre Files.

The original Massacre: the Harbor Drive Slaughter. There are a total of ten vehicles in this picture, none lower than Tier 8. All of them are dead.

Sacrifices to the RussoFrankish Gods of High-Velocity Guns. Yeah, I lived this time, I apologize.

The Siegfried Line demands certain sacrifices. TANKS FOR THE TANK GOD, TRACKS FOR THE TRACK THRONE! LET THE RED TEAM BURN!

Sole survivor, Jadgpanzer driver.

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You know what pisses me off?

That you play a good game with a Tier 8 and up tank, win and still end up in the red!!!!

Bloody ammo and repairs eat up all of my rewards. This is redicolous.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!