Author Topic: Request Status Update on Shinemap ATI Fix  (Read 12044 times)

Request Status Update on Shinemap ATI Fix
At the end of this year, beginning of next year, I'm going to basically be buying a top spec machine.

ATM;

(CPU) 1-AMD Athlon™ XP 3000+, 2091MHz, 512KB (0% Load) .:.
(RAM) usage: 335/1024MB (32.71%) .:.
(GFX) RADEON 9600 (Pro) SERIES - Secondary,
(Display) 1600x1200/32bit/85Hz
(OS) Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600), (installed for) 5w 5d 19h 29m, (uptime) 1h 7m 42s .:. (HDDs) 126GB/228GB(55%) free

So a tad on the sucky side for that kinda reso yea :P
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Euh, What is the problem with the ATI on Shinemaps ??
I mean, what sort of bug, or stuff should i see on FSO ??

Originally posted by QuantumDelta
At the end of this year, beginning of next year, I'm going to basically be buying a top spec machine.

ATM;

(OS) Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600), (installed for) 5w 5d 19h 29m, (uptime) 1h 7m 42s .:. (HDDs) 126GB/228GB(55%) free

Well, kinda like mine, except I got a 9700Pro and a 2400+ AMD.

Yes, at the end of this year, upgrade round we go ;).

Metal destroyer, if your used to FS retail like me, you won't notice, but basicly, ships are set at one light setting, unchanging.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Ok.
Another question, Which option do you use on FS_Open for best quality/performance ??

My config :

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2700+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0
768 Mo DDR 333 Mhz
ATI Hercules 9800 Pro 128 Mo

During in-game i got a lot of freeze. I use the fs_open_3.6 for Single  player, else fs2_open_r.exe .

Which version of Fs2_open is the lastest built ??
And where to get it ?

Originally posted by MetalDestroyer
Ok.
Another question, Which option do you use on FS_Open for best quality/performance ??

My config :

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ @ 2700+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev 2.0
768 Mo DDR 333 Mhz
ATI Hercules 9800 Pro 128 Mo

During in-game i got a lot of freeze. I use the fs_open_3.6 for Single  player, else fs2_open_r.exe .

Which version of Fs2_open is the lastest built ??
And where to get it ?

This is very close to mine, maybe a bit superior because of the 9800 card, so I can't understand why do you get freezes, I run every graphical feature except 32 bit textures and 2AA clean, except for my clumsiness in hitting the windows key hitting me out.

I'm using vanilla 3.6 with media VP's, with shinemaps not working obviously. could you explain the freezes more?

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
In fact, during the first second to the departure, i got heavy freeze on some events. I don't think it's about the number of ship, but, it freeze at random events.

I can't tell you any more detail.

I forgot to tell, i use the original Media VP from the FSO 3.6 en play Fs 2 (and mods) on 1024 without AA and AF.

I try the lastest Media VP but it seems secondary weapons are hacked. In weapons , there are no missile but just Primary guns.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

ATM;

Athlon XP's just became unavailable to a great number of suppliers.  You might be looking at similarly priced Athlon64's or Semprons.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Originally posted by IceFire

Athlon XP's just became unavailable to a great number of suppliers.  You might be looking at similarly priced Athlon64's or Semprons.
Miss-read?
I have that system currently and am looking to jump to the frontline( As I see my current machine -monitor/sound system as high end budget):

Hoping in terms of 64-59s.
XT Plats.
433+ mhz RAM.
SATA / Raid 0 HDDs (Raptors hopefully)
That kinda spec...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 12:15:08 pm by 456 »
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Re: Re: Re: Request Status Update on Shinemap ATI Fix
Originally posted by Ace Pace

As I've said above, it happens to all cards based on the R300, which means 9xxx cards and the R400 x800 (its based on the R300).

Actually the Radeon 9100 was an R250 based system, IIRC.

If you feel like re-writing each release....

If I knew how I would.

EDIT: It looks like your thread got hijacked again, Gregster.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 05:08:01 pm by 1313 »
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Miss-read?
I have that system currently and am looking to jump to the frontline( As I see my current machine -monitor/sound system as high end budget):

XT Plats.
433+ mhz RAM.
That kinda spec...

My bad...didn't see the 'ATM' so it looked like that was what you were going to build.  Which wasn't a bad idea in terms of cost effectiveness until last week when it suddenly became unavailable.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Figured it was...
But yea, the fact that AMD stopped bothering with them makes me wonder if they're gonna be dropping prices on the 64-53s / 64-3X00 Ranges when they bring the 64-59s out...
They did the same thing when they brought Barton out almost..

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by MetalDestroyer
In fact, during the first second to the departure, i got heavy freeze on some events. I don't think it's about the number of ship, but, it freeze at random events.

I can't tell you any more detail.

I forgot to tell, i use the original Media VP from the FSO 3.6 en play Fs 2 (and mods) on 1024 without AA and AF.

I try the lastest Media VP but it seems secondary weapons are hacked. In weapons , there are no missile but just Primary guns.

Very simple solution.  Drop your AGP setting from 8x, down to 4x.  That should clear up any problems, and you shouldn't notice any performance loss.  Worked for me:

AMD-XP2600+
ASUS A7V600-X
512MB DDR-400
ASUS R9600XT 128MB

In fact, doing this also eliviated many other bugs on my system.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Miss-read?

XT Plats.
433+ mhz RAM.
That kinda spec...

Are you sure you want to go with Plats? a reguler XT with a good brand name cooler can go up to plat speeds.

On your 64-bit, what speeds? the 3500+ is the best currently, though a bit on the pricey side, even after the summer price drop.

on your HDD, RAID on your main drive dosn't improve preformance that much, though my main grip with raid is that it cuts the half life of the drives.

For considiration, my future specs:

Nforce4
Athlon 64 3500+
Geforce6800GT (probebly HSI cooler)
1024 (or 2GB) of Corsair RAM
Raptor drive for system
DiamondMaxIII 300GB for storage
Plextor DVD burner
standerd CD-Rom
no sound card, relaying on the SoundStorm 2 intergrated (it rules)

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
If your going to get a system like that you may as well buy a workstation graphics card :D

Originally posted by Ace Pace
standerd CD-Rom

Why would you get that for?

One reason not to get a CD-Rom fullstop. It can't read burnt cds as well as a CD-Burner can :nod:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 04:53:44 am by 325 »

Originally posted by Xelion

Why would you get that for?

One reason not to get a CD-Rom fullstop. It can't read burnt cds as well as a CD-Burner can :nod:

Actully it might get phased out, but as it stands, Safedisc and other weird copy protection stuff, locks out upon entering a non CD drive. We shall see.

Brand of the GPU is obviously not specified, but probebly an MSI, their coolers rule.

If anyone can come up with a good 925X motherboard i'll also switch my choice, however, their cooling and southbridge problems scare me.

Ace - the Athlon AMD 64 bit processor on the slot 59 configuration, it's not out yet, should be sometime next year.

Ace - the Athlon AMD 64 bit processor on the slot 59 configuration, it's not out yet, should be sometime next year.

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but huh? All I know is the 939 socket, which is currently out.

And i'm not waiting for another advance, the Nforce4 on the dureable 939 socket is enough for me.

The 939/54's mobo's has a few problems with southbridge cooling as you know:
Along with a couple of other problems socket 939/54s causes they're fixing them on the 59s...

And the 54's are the true top of the range consumer proc atm.

The 939/54's mobo's has a few problems with southbridge cooling as you know:
Along with a couple of other problems socket 939/54s causes they're fixing them on the 59s...

And the 54's are the true top of the range consumer proc atm.

I think your mixing up, there is no slot on modern motherboards, also, if you got information on southbridge cooling I would like to hear of it.

Well, 939 (no idea where the slot thing is coming from) will stay for a time, atleast untill AMD needs to update their memory controller, and if it needs more more pins, they will throw it away.

http://www.pricewatch.com/1/2/5746-1.htm

Currently the best ones around.