Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64240 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
"Every freakin' time!"
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I put a new toy in FRED.  Check the background editor for details once the new CVS builds are ready.

You will worship me for this.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

:confused: December 18 build....... weapons (missiles) does not appear attached to the fighter model in game anymore. It displays fine in the official build 3.6.7, was there any new table changes introduced prior to this release ? please kindly post the most up to date tables please. thx   
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
:confused: December 18 build....... weapons (missiles) does not appear attached to the fighter model in game anymore. It displays fine in the official build 3.6.7, was there any new table changes introduced prior to this release ? please kindly post the most up to date tables please. thx
This one has already been Mantised and resolved.. Reason was change in the name of the entries $Show Weapon Models: -> ($Show Primary Models: &) $Show Secondary Models: most likely for better XMT functionality. Fixed reference is in FSwiki. So if you are capable of making those changes to your tables on your own please do so. I can not post new tables as i have no idea what models & mods you have been using.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Ay yayayyy...... this means I have to re-check me ship table  :sigh: thanks man  :)
PC Specs
=======
AMD FX 6300 6
Core  running @ 4.3 Ghz
Windows 10 64 bit
24 Gb DDR3 memory
750 Watts Thermaltake PSU
AMD R7 370  Graphics
Corsair Air 240
I am Death Incarnate :mad2:
Sorry but.......You have a focus of a shotgun :P

Offline redmenace

when I get to work I will update this thread.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 12/20/05
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Keeping in the original tradition of birthdays, I have a gift for all of you. This has Phreaks import background info button.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline starfox

ummm...latest FRED2 builds (12/20/05) are not found.
It gives me that 404 error

Or are they uploaded yet ?
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
They were there, but the filenames were wrong.  I corrected the filenames on the FTP.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redmenace

What were they named?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
12202005-* instead of 20051220-*
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline redmenace

lol, sleep deprivation
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
can you check the sound system for this? i get a lot of stuttering in the briefings and debriefings, and the music stops after the second stutter.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
I put a new toy in FRED.  Check the background editor for details once the new CVS builds are ready.

You will worship me for this.
Ooh, very nice.

FRED crashes when I try to use it though.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Worked fine for me. Yay! One less reason to ever use nodepad! :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
oh yeah, the texture replacement option crashes FRED. :p

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
No it doesn't. Not always.

Just tried it 5 or 6 times in a row and the only time it crashed was when I attempted to import from a mission that included backgrounds that weren't in the stars.tbl for the mod I was using (and even then it wasn't consistant. Trying to import the standard FS2 backgrounds into a mission using Lightspeeds nebs simply resulted in a black background). 

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Ah. It only seems to work if you load missions from the same data folder that FRED's loaded from. Otherwise it crashes, even if the missions aren't using nebs that aren't in the loaded stars.tbl.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Nope that's not it. I loaded a copy of FRED that used my SoR folder and MediaVPs folder and then imported a mission from a third folder and it didn't crash.

Something else is causing the crashes.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Hmm. Well if I load FRED with no mods, I can import backgrounds from the base data/missions folder fine, but I can't load any from a mod folder that has no stars.tbl in it. And if I load FRED with that mod, I can load missions from that mod's mission folder but not from the base missions folder.