Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64239 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
In the next CVS build:

- objecttypes.tbl (originally known as "shiptypes.tbl")
- Flak screen effect ($Detonation range)
- Moved default files to "def_files" system
- Added ship type field to Lab
- "WMC_SIDE_TURRETS" work
- removal of ship distances in nebula.tbl (Use shiptypes.tbl instead)
- Fixed cockpit views from Other ships ("/" view)
- Added parse_string_flag_list() and stuff_boolean_flag()
- Switched "=" to ":" in submodel animation code
- Modular stars.tbl ("-str.tbm")

I changed the name of shiptypes.tbl because I realized that with scripting it would be possible to actually add new object types, or maybe someone might want to change the default model for jump nodes, or something. So in the future there might be reason to add "#Object types" or "#Weapon types" and so on.
-C

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Is it possible to include a new way to jump like SW ? Is it a code related ? or a SEXP related ?
I mean,when a ship arrive, you could see them moving at lightspeed. And when they stop their hyperdrive engine, we could see them at their respective position (the one from FRED2 Open) and not to go far far away from their arrival coordinate.

Offline WMCoolmon

I've always thought that making a ship appear, and then using set-object-speed to 'warp' (excuse me, hyperspace) it into the mission would work. And of course, do the reverse when it jumps out of the mission.
-C

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I've always thought that making a ship appear, and then using set-object-speed to 'warp' (excuse me, hyperspace) it into the mission would work. And of course, do the reverse when it jumps out of the mission.

Where can i exactly find the "set-object-speed" ?

Offline WMCoolmon

It's a SEXP, should be in the recent FRED builds.
-C

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Ok, I found it. Now, I don't know how it works  :confused:
When a ship arrive, he's just spawned.

Decided to go with XMT support for species_defs rather than make a change to the default species table, since Goober would undoubtedly be sending me a sternly worded e-mail about such an action. ;)

The species_defs modular tables are "*-sdf.tbm" and when a build finally comes out that supports them here is a tbm with the missing entries in it...

Eh that doesn't seem to have changed anything after dropping in data/tables (I also dropped the previously posted thrusterglow03 into maps and effects because I didn't know which one it should go on)
how do i shot gun???

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Eh that doesn't seem to have changed anything after dropping in data/tables (I also dropped the previously posted thrusterglow03 into maps and effects because I didn't know which one it should go on)
The builds haven't been updated with the changes yet, so unless you made the build yourself...  :)

What's the difference between the inferno, optimized, and standard builds? And what does CVS stand for, anyway?

Offline Shade

CVS = Concurrent Version System. It's a means to keep track of source code changes giving the ability to roll them back if needed, and, as the name would imply, keep track of different versions (branches) of the code.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

uhhhh ..... will this fix the trustertrail-problem? :p

EDIT:
Forget my post. I put the species_def.tbl from inferno into the scp\data\table-folder and all the trails are back (thx Woomaster for the tipp). Sometimes really complicated problems are havinĀ“ so simple solutions.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:14:19 pm by Psychonaut »

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Other notable changes that will show up in the next released build:

- new modular species_defs (*-sdf.tbm) and fireball (*-fbl.tbm) tables
- change to screenshot and popup code in OpenGL to hopefully fix single-color screenshots and popup backgrounds on ATI cards
- all screenshots will now go into a "screenshots" folder in your main game directory (or normal user game directory under Linux and OS X)
- D3D will now save screenshots in TGA format rather than BMP format (to match with OGL, allows better sorting, tagging, and slightly less CPU work for creation)

Offline G613

• Galaxy613
Sounds good. :)

Ok, thanks for the definition of CVS! So, what is the difference between the 3 builds? I tried to do a search but it told me I can't search this forum:(

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Other notable changes that will show up in the next released build:

- new modular species_defs (*-sdf.tbm) and fireball (*-fbl.tbm) tables
- change to screenshot and popup code in OpenGL to hopefully fix single-color screenshots and popup backgrounds on ATI cards
- all screenshots will now go into a "screenshots" folder in your main game directory (or normal user game directory under Linux and OS X)
- D3D will now save screenshots in TGA format rather than BMP format (to match with OGL, allows better sorting, tagging, and slightly less CPU work for creation)

There is a way, you could fix the no warp effect ? Because, when I check "no warp effect" for an hyperspace arrival, the ship is just spawning instead of moving straight ahead.

PS : Just look at the mini demo I took : Hyperspace Arrival Jump
You just need a Xvid codec.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 06:11:52 pm by MetalDestroyer »

Offline WMCoolmon

That actually looks pretty good...unfortunately that's exactly what 'no warp effect' is supposed to do, and changing it would probably break some missions/campaigns.
-C

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
That actually looks pretty good...unfortunately that's exactly what 'no warp effect' is supposed to do, and changing it would probably break some missions/campaigns.

Like Transcend campaign ?

Offline WMCoolmon

Well, the retail campaign also uses it - like when Bosch's asteroid base pops up. Most of the time it's done as subtly as possible, but the missions will still expect the ship to be stationary. For small ships changing that might not be too bad, but in the case of larger ships they could be 1-2 km off from where they're supposed to be.
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

Updated!
CVS as of 12/29/2005.

Standard Builds
CVS as of 12/2905
Optimized Builds
CVS as of 12/2905
Inferno Builds
CVS as of 12/29/05
Optimized Inferno Builds
CVS as of 12/29/05
Standard FRED2
CVS as of 12/29/05
Optimized FRED2
CVS as of 12/29/05
Inferno FRED2
CVS as of 12/29/05
Optimized Inferno FRED2
CVS as of 12/29/05
-C

Offline Fenrir

• ?
When I ran this build I got this error message. Rather, a whole bunch of 'em (different lines of the table it seems). I held enter for a few seconds and they kept on coming...

Error: mv_turretangle-shp.tbm(line 5:
Error: Required token = [#End], [$Subsystem:] or [$Name], found [$animation=triggered].

File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\parse\parselo.cpp
Line: 603
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

This was with the 3.6.8 beta VP's, though it seems they've been updated today too and I don't have those versions yet. Would that fix the problem?