Author Topic: Online play  (Read 11664 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Target Agent24
Locked.........
Firing solution achieved.

:welcome:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FOX2PRO

K, signed up at the site...but no email...

K, signed up at the site...but no email...
That's a very common problem.  To many mail systems, the activation email "looks" too much like spam, and may be automatically deleted.  Try signing up a *sigh* different username with another of your email addresses (make sure that the @domain.com is different when you try another).

I signed up with my Gmail account; while the email ended up in my Spam folder, at least I got it.

Also, a suggestion (unconfirmed whether this will help you or not).. the emails come from MatthewPapa07 [at] gmail [dot] com, with a return-path of apache [at] freespaceserver [dot] cjb [dot] net.  Try adding both of these addresses to your contacts list, or "safe list" if you have one.  It may prevent the email from getting blocked.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:41:53 pm by martellato »

Offline FOX2PRO

Alright, I found the email. But I followed all the instructions at the Game-Warden site, but I still can't connect to the server.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Hmmm... It may be down at the moment, but I'll wait for someone from GW to confirm that....

Offline Agent24

Apparently it's all working again, and I can access it at http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/

However, I can't login to the site, when I search for myself on the site I don't come up (even though I just registered and activated) and there is no link to register anymore...

I downloaded the new cfg file and tried connecting but FS2 just gives me a "connection failed" error.

Apparently it's all working again, and I can access it at http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/

However, I can't login to the site, when I search for myself on the site I don't come up (even though I just registered and activated) and there is no link to register anymore...
The buttons to login and register should only disappear when you are currently logged in.  Does your name appear on the FS2NetD page in blue in the top-left above the "Current Users:" section?
I downloaded the new cfg file and tried connecting but FS2 just gives me a "connection failed" error.
Ok, there might be a few things causing this.  One possibility: you have a mod active.  Solution: either deactivate the mod, or copy your newly updated fs2open_pxo.cfg from FreeSpace2\data\ to FreeSpace2\activemodname\data\

Offline Agent24

Thanks for that, It all works now!!!

Turns out I was logged in like you said (just for some reason my username didn't appear) worked find in firefox though.

I deactivated the FSO mod and now I can actually login in the game.  :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The reason why it won't let you log in is because mv_core contains its own pxo_cfg file. If you simply copy the oine you put in your data folder to your mediavps\Data folder as well the problem will go away.

Although you'll get a hacked table message when you try to play online.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Although you'll get a hacked table message when you try to play online.
... And it won't save your player stats.

Offline Agent24

Well, I did get the hacked tables message but found a download on game-warden for new tbl files that fixed the problem.