Author Topic: Track IR and other forms of head tracking for Linux/Mac OSX  (Read 6921 times)

Offline Havner

Track IR and other forms of head tracking for Linux/Mac OSX
Found this project through X-Plane forums:

http://code.google.com/p/linux-track/
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=38828

libusb user space level driver and library for Linux/OSX that supports TrackIR 4 & 5, and other forms of tracking (camera/freetrack I suppose, WII).

Tested it on my TIR4 pro and despite the fact that it's still raw and not much configurable it works and is 100% usable. It's still in development and graphical configurator along with more configure options is being developed.

You might want to consider it to implement headtracking for FS2 open on Linux/OSX at some point.
Need a linux launcher? Check here.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: Track IR and other forms of head tracking for Linux/Mac OSX
Hell yeah!

So we need that, and CMU Sphinx to get the same feature set on *nix as we have on Windows.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Re: Track IR and other forms of head tracking for Linux/Mac OSX
Precisely why the external_libs code was designed as it was. Code up the interface and slot it in - no changes to anything except the derived external_libs class (if memory serves, but I haven't got code to check that.)
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?