Author Topic: forum colors  (Read 6881 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No, brightness and contrast are both as high as they go.

Meh, whatever, I'll just highlight the thread titles to see them; that's what I did before.  To completely change the subject, do you have our Damocles textures handy? ;)

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
"This page best viewed with your eyes configured for 20/20 vision." - I like :lol:

btw how did you get those engine trails in fs1? and is it possible to duplicate to fs2?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The engine trails are only there with the DVD version of FS1.  Somebody on the SCP was able to code them in FS2, though.  Post a thread.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Actually, Goob, I find that your blue on black harder to read than this forum. Very odd.

Do you have a bright light shining at your monitor (like the sun)? I find it hard to see this board on the school machines, but only because the classroom lights are ineffably bright.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Are you serious?  Wow.

The lights in my room are bright, but not terribly bright.  My rationale for selecting the colors was to provide a good contrast.  White on black is very readable, because it's a very light color on a very dark color - high contrast.  So I made a light blue on a black background.  Making a dark blue on a dark background ought not to be very readable, because you have dark on dark - not much contrast.

EDIT: Now that you mention it, I tried turning the light off.  It's a little easier to read, but not much.

• Koala-monkey
It's not that dark.

If you want hard to read, check the bar at the top of each thread, where the Reply and New Thread buttons are. Blue text on a blue-grey background. That's hard to read.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
i agree, the blue on gray are difficult to read but other than that the colour scheme is fine to me, maybe u r slightly colour blind. have u ever been checked?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, and I'm not color blind.

I dunno, maybe it's the monitor.

• Koala-monkey
Most likely the monitor, they are ****e monitors at school, and that's another reasone why I can't see this board very well while there.

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
maybe we should make a "school computers compatable" version so u guys can read the forums while ur there :D

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
lol. or u could try and con ur it HOD (head of department - incase you dont have em over there) into upgrading the comps with better monitors or changing the lighting. the latter would prob be the most cheaper of the two so thats prob ur best bet...