Author Topic: Let's Play some more Dwarf Fortress, HLP! (Check the first post for a roster)  (Read 23067 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Re: Let's Play some more Dwarf Fortress, HLP!
I have to wonder how will you do the options A and B? my idea is, constructed floor, lever, wooden coffins, build, disconnect, plunge.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I have to wonder how will you do the options A and B? my idea is, constructed floor, lever, wooden coffins, build, disconnect, plunge.
I think coffins will be destroyed by magma, but I'm not sure. Definitely something to confirm before performing any funerals.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

If my body is still stinking up the place, Cremation B sounds the awesomist.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I'll choose Cremation B for my dwarf aswell. I almost wrote Creamtion ... how would that work?
Habeeb it...

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I want to be turned into a weapon of war when I die, so that I may spill the blood of the unjust and the corrupt. To rid the world of Evil, I shall become a Hammer. Of. JUSTIIIIIICE!  :lol:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I think coffins will be destroyed by magma, but I'm not sure. Definitely something to confirm before performing any funerals.
hence, wooden coffins, if its cremation you want :p

try sticking some random pets bones in.

(with the caveat that as far as ghosts go, if no slab engraved, gun' rise to haunt'cha)

yes. i've played too much dwarf fortress in my life, isnt it obvious? my latest project is a fort that's reached 35 years. looking for 50 years, then gonna flood it with glorious magma)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 05:34:05 am by pecenipicek »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Wahtevz.

Cremation B does sound the coolest tough.

For the Dorf Emperor, beyond the point of death!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline watsisname

CREMATION B

B STANDS FOR BEST
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Cremation B

I live on with my brothers.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Lorric

Cremation B

I live on with my brothers.

Don't worry, I'm sure you won't be alone in there for long  :)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I wanna liveeeeeeeee!!!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Let my blood forge the weapons with which we shall crush our foes!

Option B, please!
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Tomb if earned, or cremation b.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I'm pretty sure it depends on whether they're made of magma-safe materials, so you can use the right types of rock for the crematory coffin (what kind of dwarf wants to be laid to rest, however temporarily, in wood?). Me, I want to have magma poured onto my coffin, then water poured onto the magma, then the resultant obsidian mined out and made into a sword.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

I'm pretty sure it depends on whether they're made of magma-safe materials, so you can use the right types of rock for the crematory coffin (what kind of dwarf wants to be laid to rest, however temporarily, in wood?). Me, I want to have magma poured onto my coffin, then water poured onto the magma, then the resultant obsidian mined out and made into a sword.
obsidianization was not an option, now was it? for the cremation options, a wooden coffing would do perfect, cause, y'know, temporary vessel that transfers yer bones to an appropriate cremation station.

What are you, some kind of elf?
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
obsidianization was not an option, now was it? for the cremation options, a wooden coffing would do perfect, cause, y'know, temporary vessel that transfers yer bones to an appropriate cremation station.
It is now! I'm a little self-annoyed for not having thought of it, but obsidianization can definitely be arranged. I've updated the earlier burial methods post to reflect a few changes. I'll include the changes here for those who don't want to go back and hunt through the earlier thread.
-----------
EDIT: After Phantom Hoover made a rather specific funeral request, I've decided to take two actions. First, there is now a new burial option:
4) Obsidianization. Initially similar to both types of cremation, the soul-laden magma will be flash-solidified to obsidian rather than piped elsewhere. Said obsidian can then be crafted into a stone item of some sort, even including a shortsword (be forewarned, however, that obsidian is a ...lackluster material compared to any metals). It would be best to make mention of what item your lithified remains should be crafted into.

Secondly, I'm generally willing to accept ideas for unique burial methods that differ from those previously stated, so long as the method wouldn't require a ridiculously extravagant expenditure of labor and resources.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken