Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290766 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
Warning : This pack is rather old now. You should probably go here instead.

Well this is the New vercion of my pack, this have addicional things, and some critical error fixed, (no more ships.tbl problems :P)

This pack is primary for those that dont have the CDs or retail installed, if you already have the retail FS2 or the CDs for install it, you should look HERE:http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,42854.0.html

Update v1.9c:
------------------
-Launcher 5.4.1-pre
-3.6.8 Zeta MediaVPs mp-710 fixs.
-CVS Build 3.6.9 RC7
-CPR Valkyrie (high textures) for fs_port
-CPR Angel (high textures) for fs_port
-HTL Athena for fsport
-Fixed cutscenes.tbl for fs_port
-Fixed missname in FS2 Ending2a/b cutscenes

1.8 Update:
---------------
-3.6.8 Zeta MediaVPs
-May 17th CVS Build, Kara  4/29 CVS Build
-InfernoR1 Mod
-Sol: A History Mod
-HTL Elysium

Pack 1.5c incluide:
----------------------
-Installer
-Freespace 2 full install
-Freespace 2 Cutscenes
-Freespace 1 Cutscenes
-Launcher 5.3
-3.6.8 Beta MediaVPs
-CVS Builds 4/25 which new loadout system
-DerelictSCP MOD (which Voices)
-FS_port 3.0.3 MOD
-Transcend Mod
-Awakenings 3.0 (which voices) and Destiny of Peace 3.0 campaigns inside fs_port 3.0.3 mod.
-Low-end 3D Shockwaves
-HTL Apollo for FS_port
-HTL Ursa
-HTL Moloch
-Lighspeed Nebula Pack

I also add a Readme File to make he things even more easy, this can be found in the pack.

Download:
-------------
Torrent: http://www.torrentbox.com/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=41728

Updates:
-----------
1.5c/1.6 to 1.8:
-------------------
(517MB)http://www.oxyshare.com/get/172192250044772ee15b8273.64956835/FS2_SCP_full_pack 1.8 Update.exe.html

1.8/1.9a/b to 1.9c:
-------------
(41MB)
http://files.filefront.com/fs2+scp+1+9c+updateexe/;5520456;;/fileinfo.html

-Oxyshare: -See this if you have problems to locate the download link-

MMM its seems that Oxyshare is broken -.-, anyway, you can download the 1.8 patch from this FTP:

ftp://213.48.38.123
Username : hardlight
Password : hardlight

Thanx to PotzUK for the host.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:33:54 pm by karajorma »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5 (Complete)
Nice work. Lets hope that this new pack brings in even more newbies than the last one :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Oh, please don't tell me your going to use FileH for the files, pleeeeaaase. :(

But yeah, I'll be a mirror as soon as I get ahold of it.   :)
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline ShivanSpS

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5 (Complete) by ShivanSpS
I know about the low-transfer issue... but is nothing that Download accelerator cant fix...
Anyway, is faster and easy to mantain than a torrent.

Offline Micrll

Wheee...well thanks for making this so easy to install and get running  :D
Its great for people like me who don't have all the time to get all the little bits and pieces and get it running.

Offline ShivanSpS

If you alredy downloaded the V1.0 you can use them... I not sure now many time will take to upload those files... 250mb... some ocacional conection cut... I could take 2 days... m max upload speed is about 32-24 Kb/s... and I not sure if I can get to that using HTML upload...

Confirmed, the pack are 8 parts of 250mb, 130mb the last one, making a total of 1.80GB, this may take a while.

I will try to upload a 2 parts rar in filefront too...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 08:57:04 pm by ShivanSpS »

I know about the low-transfer issue... but is nothing that Download accelerator cant fix...
Anyway, is faster and easy to mantain than a torrent.

I dont know about that, i download torrents at 50-800KBps you just need BT Engine and your torrent downloads are hella fast.

Offline ShivanSpS

but still needs many people to seed it... I still remember I need to let my pc online 24/7 one moth the last time, for let people to download...

Offline ShivanSpS

oh damn, I having conection problems, I just uploaded at night 4 parts, but fileh say the maximun per file is 250MB, but really is 250.000.000 bytes, and a 245MB files exeded that...... and have to re make the rar and back to upload, and I having conecvcion cut problems in tha lasts day... so this may take a few days... sorry for post so earlier...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 02:13:18 pm by ShivanSpS »

what host are you using?

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
He's using FileH.

www.fileh.com
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I have now uploaded more than 50 GB of Freespacey goodness to the world
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline ShivanSpS

oh, damn, is not use, I cant get to upload a single part intro fileh... ok, I start uploading a 4 parts vercion intro filefront... If everything going fine, I hope will be ready for this Saturday...

A Note: This well be the last big file for a lonngg time, I planning to find a good "installer maker" to make  self-installing .exe update packs for now on...

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Please do not use .exe self-extractors... not all of us run Windows, and .exes are worse than useless to the Linux and Mac users who would use your install pack. .rars or .zips with directory structures would work just the same, and don't need self-extractors since Windows XP has built-in .zip support.

Also... will I need to download the whole thing to update Derelict (which for some reason had bad voice files in 1.0) and the Port?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If you know what you're doing you can get the files seperately and simply replace them. In fact you don't really need to download the new pack at all if you have the old one since you can simply update anything included.

What you have to weigh is the time taken for the pack to download (and the cost of seeding it) against the time and trouble it would take you to figure out how to do it yourself. Since that's a matter of how well you understand how well the SCP works only you can really determine that :)

oh, damn, is not use, I cant get to upload a single part intro fileh... ok, I start uploading a 4 parts vercion intro filefront... If everything going fine, I hope will be ready for this Saturday...

A Note: This well be the last big file for a lonngg time, I planning to find a good "installer maker" to make  self-installing .exe update packs for now on...

Perhaps you should try 7-zip. It shall have an even better compression than bzip2 and is free and open-source (www.7-zip.org). You can use it at least on Win32 and Linux (don´t know about Mac os x). And you can create selfextracting archives and split them into pieces.

:)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I would advise against self extracting archives for the reasons that Annorax stated. Quite frankly if you can't manage a rar archive once you've been given a link to WinRAR you're probably not going to be able to cope with the rest of the set up :p

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
If you know what you're doing you can get the files seperately and simply replace them. In fact you don't really need to download the new pack at all if you have the old one since you can simply update anything included.

What you have to weigh is the time taken for the pack to download (and the cost of seeding it) against the time and trouble it would take you to figure out how to do it yourself. Since that's a matter of how well you understand how well the SCP works only you can really determine that :)

If I can set up and compile a CVS build of the SCP, I can work that. It's just a matter of Blaise's non-working DerelictSCP downloads.... is there any way I can get those files without using that non-file-having filehost?

Offline ShivanSpS

I didt dediced about the update thing, because that will make the things harder, and there will be no sense for download this pack...

Offline ShivanSpS

lol... I still runing out of luck... Filefront server files will be down until saturday ARGH!