Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290768 times)

Offline Andkat

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
I honestly do not undertsand how you people can get this to run, unless Freespace 2 is somehow utterly incompatible with an ATi Radeon X850X Platinum Graphics Card with Catalyst Control Drivers (not to mention several gigabytes of RAM). I've wiped all FS2 files from my computer, reinstalled in a different directory after extensive Wincleaning, and tried to run 1.5c. It worked fine until I tried to start the campaign from the main menu. After loading the campaign up, the game went to the blank vibrant-blue screen. After installing 1.8, it went directly to that same screen after the initial loading screen (note that I was trying to run the relevant Kara file and the Run program in windows 98/ME compatibility instead of on my native XP). I've installed the AP whatever program, I've double-checked the run-file, I've disabled all extra options and am running at 1024X768 32 bit resolution; now what? What can I possibly be doing so wrong that on every attempt to run the game it enters some form of blue-screen. Freespace 1 (which I have installed via retail), Hardwar, they all run pristinely (as they should run on a system that's older than them by about five years). So why won't this operate properly (note that I've deactivated my Viruscan and have unblocked the game when prompted to)?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
FS2_Open is not FS2 Retail. It has much higher system requirements. What are the specs for your PC?

Try running the Freespace2.exe instead of the launcher. That will let you play the retail version instead of SCP. Tell us if that works.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
I've had some success in fixing random graphics issues by running it in a window, there's a tick box on the Dev section in the launcher

Offline ShivanSpS

is more like a bug in the drivers... if you have ATI and are using Omega Drivers, be aware that I having too much problems which OGL on those drivers which my card... so much, thats why I keep the olders Omega drivers (205) :P

Offline Andkat

I have a Radeon X850X Platinum Edition Card (I don't have the  Omega Drivers , unless the Catalyst Center auto-installs them), 2046 Megabytes of RAM, Dual Cores, several dozen gigabytes of free space on both of my hard drives, etc. My computer is, as aforementioned, easily capable of running even brand-new games or high or maximum specs (such as Company of Heros, Oblivion, etc.). It should not have the slightest difficulty with even a heavily modified version of Freespace 2, and certainly shouldn't be doing a graphics-based crash shortly after attempting to run the game.

And seeing as how you cannot initiate a campaign from the default Freespace 2 menu (Disc 2 required and the like), it would be fairly moot to attempt to run it (though the one occasion upon which I did do so I was capable of reaching the primary menu without a single problem. I also once reached the main menu with Shivan's, but after that it just textless visual blue-screened every time.). Is there anything I can do to resolve these issues?

Offline ShivanSpS

Try in runing it in D3D 1024x768 and see what happends...

Offline Andkat

It appears to work with D3D! :D

Offline ShivanSpS

You are trying to run OGL in 1024x768 right? and dint work?

mmm is a drivers problem... look for older ones... do you have any other game that run in OpenGL to test? like Doom3, Quake 4...?

BTW, D3D is bad here, is a little outdated... and, disable "spectacular" in the features menu while you running in D3D, or you will see many "white" textures :P

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Why is this not stickied?

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage

Because that would be favoritism, wouldn't it?

endosing one version over another?

How do you think the people at HotU would feel?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Who gives a ****?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Because a link exists to it in the already sticky 'Freespace 2 Download Links.', though I agree, it's a bit hard to identify as a specific SCP download... I'll look into that.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Nobody cares.

Correction.

Nobody important cares.

Offline ShivanSpS

About the Theora codec... the support will be keeped?, because I planing to make cutscenes for my campaing and if Theora is smaller than .avi it will be a good option :P, but anyway... my campaing will be fully finish in a year :S, because I didt not have time for it right now :P

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

Well the main reason is probably because no one expected this thread to go on as long as it did. I for one was expecting a new thread for each revision. I'm glad I didn't have to update the downloads links thread to keep up with that to be honest but that was what I was expecting to have to do.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ShivanSpS

Well the main reason is probably because no one expected this thread to go on as long as it did. I for one was expecting a new thread for each revision. I'm glad I didn't have to update the downloads links thread to keep up with that to be honest but that was what I was expecting to have to do.

Not even myselft expected this :P

Offline roach

Perhaps someone has already mentioned this, if so I'm sorry. I'm trying to download the torrent mentioned in the very first post in this thread. Once I've got the zip file, I try to extract it, but Winzip says one of the files is corrupt (fails CRC check). Does anyone have an idea how I can extract this file? This is the third time I've re-downloaded the torrent, but it still won't work...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Try WinRAR or 7zip to unzip the file instead.

Oh, and make sure the torrent is completely downloaded before you try to extract it.

Offline roach

Try WinRAR or 7zip to unzip the file instead.

Oh, and make sure the torrent is completely downloaded before you try to extract it.

Yeah, I tried this already. Neither of them can handle it either. The actual zip file itself (fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.zip) contains three files, setup.exe, How-To-Install.txt, and freespace2.zip. This last file (freespace2.zip) is corrupt. WinZip, and 7Zip both give a CRC error. WinRAR, for example, gives the following message: "C:\Downloads\fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps.zip: CRC failed in fs2scpfullpackv15c_Shivansps\Freespace2.zip. The file is corrupt"

Am I the first person to actually bother trying to download this torrent? Has no one else had this problem?