Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290761 times)

Offline Killbot

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
The hosting site of the 1.8 update didn't give a download link at all (not even a file properties page) and appears to be temporarily down. Any alternative download sites for the update?
Updating manually is a bit tough for a newbie like me... *Cough*  :ick: ;)

Alternatively, I'd go down the "manual update to 1.8" road, but I need working links to those files for that:

-Kara  4/29 CVS Build (<- ???)
(-InfernoR1 Mod Update) (<- Not that important)
(-Sol: A History Mod) (<- Not that important)
-HTL Elysium (<- quite important)

P.S: A general "Thanks" for bringing FS up to date. Impressive work you're doing! :yes: :nod:
Signa-what?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Check carefully. They like to hide the links on sites like that. Last time it was similar in style to a google advert. Even in terms of font and placement.

-Kara  4/29 CVS Build (<- ???)

I wouldn't touch that build these days with a 10 foot barge pole and I'm the one who bloody built it :D There was nothing wrong with it at the time but if you're not running 3.6.9 RC 7 or above these days you really should have a damn good reason :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Killbot

Check carefully. They like to hide the links on sites like that. Last time it was similar in style to a google advert. Even in terms of font and placement.

Yeah, but the page displays something completely different for me, other than Shivan_SPS's screenshot. If the hosting page loaded at all, I'd attach a screenie. :blah:

I wouldn't touch that build these days with a 10 foot barge pole and I'm the one who bloody built it :D There was nothing wrong with it at the time but if you're not running 3.6.9 RC 7 or above these days you really should have a damn good reason :D

Oh, I see. At the moment, I run 3.6.9 RC7 (from the 1.9 patch, which I installed without installing the previous one) without any problems so far. Even the FS1 port runs smooth, 'though it likes to reboot my PC in Open GL mode. But what the heck, I don't like OGL anyways. ;) :D
Signa-what?

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
So I'm going to reinstall FS2, would this (this, being ShivanSpS's torrent) be the best/easiest place to get all the latest and greatest SCP features?  :)
I am a revolutionary.

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
The problem with an FTP is we're talking about a 2GB file. If you can find someone with that kind of space I'm sure it can be done but we're talking about a pretty epic upload here even before we consider the bandwidth such an file would use if people started downloading it.

I've been hosting it on my FTP for the last couple of months m8y.  What needs to be done?

Offline Killbot

I've been hosting it on my FTP for the last couple of months m8y.  What needs to be done?

Do you have the patch,too?
Signa-what?

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
I believe so

ftp://213.48.38.123

username & password are both "hardlight"

Offline Killbot

Signa-what?

Ppl- help me please - i can't downloading from Filefront for some reason, so i can't get patch 1.9c , tell me please - maybe i can get this path from another server?

Could someone please mirror the 1.5c/1.6-to-1.8 "FS2_SCP_full_pack 1.8 Update.exe" file somewhere else besides oxyshare? I can't download a thing from that file service at all. I already downloaded the complete v1.5c pack & the v1.8-to-v1.9a update. So I just need that last file. :)

First post. :D :yes:

1.5c, 1.8 Update and 1.9 Update Mirror

Hope no one minds, but I've put up a mirror of the 1.5c, 1.8 and 1.9a Updates here:

ftp://213.48.38.123
Username : hardlight
Password : hardlight

It's on a 2Mbit line so don't expect massive download speeds :)

Enjoy :)
I tried to download with Flashget but it doesn´t work. After the 50th retry I stopped the connection, What´s the problem?

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
You tell me, what's the error you're getting?

It worked with another Download-Manager, thanks!

Do I need 1.9a and 1.9b Updates??

I downloaded 1.5c and the updates to 1.9c. First: Many many thanks for this self extracting packages, very good work, guys!!

Installation went fine but I now have two problems:

1. I removed my old installation of FS 2, which was german. Now I have german subtitles and english voice files.
    I only removed the old FS 2 folder and didn´t deinstall. What have I to do to even change subtitles to english?

2. I see no movies, I only hear the sounds (no error-prompt is shown).

Offline ShivanSpS

Do I need 1.9a and 1.9b Updates??

No, you need 1.5c->1.8->1.9c

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
1. I removed my old installation of FS 2, which was german. Now I have german subtitles and english voice files.
    I only removed the old FS 2 folder and didn´t deinstall. What have I to do to even change subtitles to english?

You can set the language from the misc tab of the Original FS2 launcher (not the SCP one) IIRC. Run Freespace2.exe and try to change it.

2. I see no movies, I only hear the sounds (no error-prompt is shown).

Turn off Divx Toolbar if you have it. Or simply install Xvid and let it take over player Divx movies.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I started the FS 2 Retail-Launcher. I can click at the "english" button but the "apply"/"übernehmen"-button is not available. So it can´t be changed  :(

I installed XVid, now the videos are there, thanks  :)  ... but there´s still my prob with the wrong language

Offline ShivanSpS

mm in my languaje tab the only option is english...
mmm try to delete all registry entrys about Freespace and try again.

Search in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software and HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software.

Hey Shivan, just downloaded your pack two days ago. Loving it so far. I'm having a problem with the cutscenes though, let me see if I can explain it to you.

I'm having problems running the cutscenes. Followed some of the advice on this thread and tried disabling my Divx toolbar but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. How exactly do I do this correctly? I see video -sometimes-, for instance if I turn on FS2 after waiting a while. But then if I turn it off and on again I will not see the intro. It's very odd.

Secondly, this may seem like a dumb question but exactly how do I properly load up the FS1 port/campaign/whatever? I can't find any instructions for doing so anywhere. I tried putting the launcher and the exe into the FS1 port folder. It loaded up briefly and I saw a splash screen of the briefing cutscene but then it crashed. Alternatively I tried overwriting the data files and whatnot with FS1 port's and that worked okay. I had the Galatea interface and everything. Only trouble there was that A) It overwrote FS2 completely, B) Everytime I click on the Ready Room or tech room or anything I'd get a debugger line up telling me something was wrong with "GTF Mymidons" and a whole bunch of other stuff that I just clicked Ok through and C) The first time I tried this I saw new and pretty textures on the Apollos, after that I just saw the same old textures and the last time the Apollo actually turned into a gray triangle at one point so I'm sure I did something wrong there.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 10:22:28 pm by Javito1986 »