Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290768 times)

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
 :wtf:   +1 GB???  :eek2:
that more a total conversion patch or addon than a patch   :P
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline ShivanSpS

Dont worry, the patch will be small, but is the patch who will download the MediaVps and if you wish, change to MVE movies too.

In a few minutes I will give a preview of the Installer for the 2.0 vercion :D

Offline ShivanSpS

And here she is... the preview of the 2.0 installer... enjoy it...

BTW, someone could do some spellchecking plz? I sure that something is wrong there.

And "install" it to another folder, don't use the folder that you currently using for your SCP... nothing should be happend, but anyway, don't do it :P

http://files.filefront.com/setup369previewexe/;6342217;;/fileinfo.html

BTW... someone which Linux could tell me if you can run the installer using a Win emulator?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 07:16:35 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
And here she is... the preview of the 2.0 installer... enjoy it...

BTW, someone could do some spellchecking plz? I sure that something is wrong there.

And "install" it to another folder, don't use the folder that you currently using for your SCP... nothing should be happend, but anyway, don't do it :P

http://files.filefront.com/setup369previewexe/;6342217;;/fileinfo.html

Source file please?
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline ShivanSpS

I not use nsis :S I using Ingorose Setup factory. But should be mean to this file.

But you dont be able to see the images because the modified gallery is of 1.6MB size :S

Is not a great thing, I still need to do somethings on it.

BTW, you have any idea of now to make a status progress of the unzip process?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dylnuge

Why isn't this stickied?  :)

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
Hmmm, good question....
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline ShivanSpS

Because I a Shivan and everyone hates me? -.-

nah, its because the link is in the download guide.

ShivanSPS,

I've installed FSO using your packs, and they work very well.

I was looking in all the mod directories, and they all contain a "FreeSpace2.fc2" file. Is this OK?
I'm curious because Turey's installer doesn't seem to have those.

Another difference is that in Fs1_port_3 you include some HTL and CPR files, as well as a cutscenes.tbl file.

I'm wondering why your install has them and his doesn't.

Thanks for your work!  :)

Huggybaby

Offline ShivanSpS

the "CPR" is just a mistake by me, on his name, but is just the file name and will remain in that way, maybe in the 2.0 I will rename it, but really is not important.

the "cutscenes.tbl" is a fixed table file for you can see the proper FS1 Movies and descriptions in the tech room when runing FS1_port.

the "FreeSpace2.fc2" files are just a modified retail FS2 camping name that changes the name of the retail FS2 campaing in the campaing room, now its says (non playable), so we avoid some mistake of people tring to run the FS2 camping from an incompatible mod.

Offline Webbuff

Ok, I have been trying for 3 days to download the 1.8 update from the FTP mirror. The download never gets overt 100mb before it stops. I really would like the file so I can fully update and play. Anyone else that can supply a location to this file OR possibly help to rectify the issue with the existing one please?

I could upload it to Rapidshare or another file hoster if you want. It'll take me a few hours though.

Do you have a preference?

Offline Webbuff

Any is fine, that is free to use. I appreciate your help :)

Check your PM...

Offline Mets

hey, I'm having a similar problem, could I get that link?  The FTP is amazingly slow, and the Torrent was slow enough...though I certainly do appreciate putting the packs together, especially the installer for 1.5c.

Since these files are so large, maybe switching to something with higher compression would save everybody some bandwidth, like putting them in 7zip format or something.  Just a thought, thanks for the sweet game.

See my signature, I've been working all day on a comprehensive install/update procedure for the awesome Shivan pack.

And Hunter has graciously hosted the 1.8 pack on his server, the link is there. Tell me how fast it downloads.

<edit> I don't think 7zip helps a whole lot, we've tried.

Offline Mets

Smoking fast, thanks, getting 550+ kb/s.  I was getting 15 kb/son the ftp  :(

I'd be happy to help if I can.  I've been upping the Torrent all day since it really needs some help and it seems like a lot of people want the file.  I'm new to the game, but competent enough for this kind of stuff.  Just don't pick me as your wingman yet :)

Thanks for the speed report, and thanks for seeding.
Seeding ALWAYS helps, anybody that torrents knows that.

And don't confuse me with someone who is somebody, I'm just a noob who likes making it easier for other noobs (by writing install guides). I started with just some good links, but that's out the window now.

I was so frustrated at first with all the broken links and misinformation around. You see, they just recently changed the whole installation routine. Now it's better because they've separated the mods into their own directories, but all the readme files (DON'T READ THEM lol) talk about installing files the old way, which hoses everything. And Turey's installer is still under development, causing more probs.

Anyway, follow my guide (OPTION 1) and let me know what you think.

Offline Mets

Yeah the install guide is really nice, thanks a lot.  I had never heard about most of those changes.  I've been playing the 1.5c version all day, and of course I didn't install it to C:\games, but no problems yet.  After everything is complete you said make a DVD - everything that is needed for the game is in C:\games (or is supposed to be) so I can just zip up that folder and I'm good to go right?

Thank you. Glad you haven't had trouble too.

Yes. The only thing that can be added are some of the mods that Turey's installer puts in, I'm working on that. Mods aren't as important as a good basic install with everything working, so if you follow my guide, zip it and burn it for a solid foundation.

If you do have trouble, there are three questions you will be asked over and over (haven't put that in the guide yet). One is "do you have the latest OpenAL. Another is "did you install to c:\games\freespace". Another is "are you running the latest OpenGL". When I'm done, they'll just have to ask "did you follow Huggybaby's guide" which will rule all those out and let them get down to real troubleshooting.

Keep me informed of your progress. I'll be working on the guide for the next couple of days too. A few more links and pics I want to add. I think everyone agrees that this forum is difficult to navigate. And the search function doesn't work any better here than on any other forum I've searched on. I don't know why they all suffer in that regard.

Huggybaby