Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 290761 times)

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
Looks really nice, from what I can see.  However, the videos are screwing up for me.  When the intro video would play, it sits at a blank screen for about 30 seconds, then the audio starts.  I never see the video.  I have Divx and Xvid installed (via ffdshow), and can view the video files fine on their own.  Anyone know what's wrong?  Would getting the video pack in a different format help?

I'm running in OpenGL mode, by the way, with a 7800GT.

what file format are your movies in? you should get the .MVE movie files.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

They're in AVI... do I just download the .MVE movie pack, unzip it to where the .AVIs are and delete my .AVIs?

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
yes, i had the same problem
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Thanks, that worked like a charm!

@RandomEngy and Jinnigan

INCOMING JUMP SIGNATURE:
DOUBLE NOOB CONFIGURATION!
Helm! Ready all beam cannons!
Lock Beam Cannons and fire on my command!
FIRE!

NO, YOU IDIOT! USE THE BIG BEAM CANNONS!
FIRE!

Welcome to the HLP Station.
Exits are located to the right, left, up, down, and 4th-dimensionally. However all of them are blocked, except the 4-d one, and no one's yet figured how to reach it. In the event of a landing of any kind, you can and will be used as a flotation device. We are currently suffering from technical disruptions from time to time, which may cause the lights go out at any instance, and sometimes even the basic life support fails for some time. At these times, stay calm and composed; for these cases the station system automatically drops a computer from the roof above you with FSO installed and ready. They have independent power sources. Please keep all appendages within the installation at all times. Do not feed the resident Shivan Carl as he will become voracious and chew your leg off. You can find him in the ventilation duct. Throw him your lunch and hope he is not hungry and leaves you alone. Flamethrowers can be found under your seat but due to financial constraints have been re-filled with holy water. Phased Plasma rifles (40 watt range of course) can be found in storage lockers. To prevent act of n00b, however, these can only be opened by Moderators, Volition or a hyperintelligent shade of BluE. Please remember that any attempt to use the ASCII characters 0046h, 0053h, and 0033h in sequential order will result in you being trampled by FreeSpace fan boys. Your trampled remains will be fed to Carl so that the rest of us don't have to carry around so much food for lunch. If you shall go in the Vasudan section of the station and find a boxes labelled “Headz”, please don’t open them, unless you are a Vasudan. Trust me on this one. In the event of catastrophic hull failure please board the nearest lifeboat which is pre-programmed for autonomous flight to our sister station the Game-Warden outpost. Thank you and enjoy your stay at Hard Light station as long as you will!
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

I have a problem with loading the basic mediavps. Everytime I try to select the mediavps as the mod, it gives me some error saying "Please make image 255x112". I tried replacing the vp files with ones from the mv_zpack, but it still gives me this error.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That's a pretty minor error actually and it's not related to the media VPs themselves.

Download this file and extract the bmp file to your Freespace2\mediavps\ folder. Don't bother with the mod.ini file in there cause the one you have is more likely to be correct.

If that doesn't fix the problem open your mod.ini file in notepad and take a look at this line

Code: [Select]
image255x112 = FS2.bmp;
As you can see it names the BMP file it's expecting to find. Simply rename it.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

There we go, working all nicely now. Thanks for the help.

I can't get any of these files except the 1.9c patch, the oxy thing won't work, times out every time I get to the download <nothing else running>

no one is seeding the torrent, in fact, no peers at all, and I can find it nowhere else other than torrent

suggestions?

Offline PotzUK

• PyroPort
The FTP server I'm running - link has appeared a few times in this thread :)

tyvm

First post. Thanks for posting this installer:). I was kinda lost before I found this thread hehe. I own the retail CDs, but someone I know recommended this updated version to me.

Anyway, I couldn't use that Oxyshare link, but thanks to PotzUK I am able to download the middle update files:). I didn't read every post in this thread (I stopped when I found PotzUK's mirror link), and I don't want to rehash old ground, so I'll just linky a picture of my frustrating Oxyshare experience.

I clicked this link: http://members.shaw.ca/sdelong/2.jpg
It took me to this page: http://members.shaw.ca/sdelong/1.jpg
When I clicked download it took me back to the first page :sigh:.

I'm obviously missing something fundamental about using Oxyshare:P. Regardless, it didn't end up mattering in the end because of PotzUK's mirror:). Thanks again PotzUK :nod:.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
First post. Thanks for posting this installer:). I was kinda lost before I found this thread hehe. I own the retail CDs, but someone I know recommended this updated version to me.

Anyway, I couldn't use that Oxyshare link, but thanks to PotzUK I am able to download the middle update files:). I didn't read every post in this thread (I stopped when I found PotzUK's mirror link), and I don't want to rehash old ground, so I'll just linky a picture of my frustrating Oxyshare experience.

I'm obviously missing something fundamental about using Oxyshare:P. Regardless, it didn't end up mattering in the end because of PotzUK's mirror:). Thanks again PotzUK :nod:.

You DO realize that if you have the retail CDs, you really shouldn't be downloading this? It's a great pack, but you don't need to download the retail CDs (in this pack) if you already have them.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

@gopher65:

Welcome to the HLP Station!...........you can and will be used as a flotation device..........Do not feed Carl.............Flamethrowers filled with holy water under your seat.............don't open HEADZ boxes...........if problems: Game-Warden outpost.................... Thank you and enjoy your stay at Hard Light station!

for the long version of the speech, have a look "9 posts ago" :D
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

You DO realize that if you have the retail CDs, you really shouldn't be downloading this? It's a great pack, but you don't need to download the retail CDs (in this pack) if you already have them.

opps. No I didn't realize that, but it is too late now:).

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
hi all!
 i am new to te forum:)
but i have a problem:(
when i want to download the patch 1.5 to 1.8 at oxyshare i cant download it if i klink a link i get te download link but than i get te same link as before and that over and over again:(
is there an  other way to download the patch?
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline ShivanSpS

yeah, Oxyshare is broken, there is an FTP link in this post...

Offline lefkos

• your Hardstyle music producer
Could someone please mirror the 1.5c/1.6-to-1.8 "FS2_SCP_full_pack 1.8 Update.exe" file somewhere else besides oxyshare? I can't download a thing from that file service at all. I already downloaded the complete v1.5c pack & the v1.8-to-v1.9a update. So I just need that last file. :)

First post. :D :yes:

1.5c, 1.8 Update and 1.9 Update Mirror

Hope no one minds, but I've put up a mirror of the 1.5c, 1.8 and 1.9a Updates here:

ftp://213.48.38.123
Username : hardlight
Password : hardlight

It's on a 2Mbit line so don't expect massive download speeds :)

mean this 1?
 this 1 dont works for me:S the password wont work  :sigh:
Music is an expression of our inner creativity.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
It worked for me.

Offline ShivanSpS

For any interesed, here is a basic foldermap of this pack.

Note that some of the contain is changed since 1.9c :P, I reading to folder for the 3.6.9 xD.

http://files.filefront.com/foldermapzip/;6329588;;/fileinfo.html

BTW, about the Extra_mission_pack... well the only real reason of why that exist is the FS2 retail which lightspeed nebulas... But if that is added to 3.6.9 VPs, that folder will disapear.

I will also advising that the new pack will be biger, because of the MVE movies.

And also... the 1.9c to 2.0 patch, when avalible, it maybe a little diferent, I hope i can make something similar to the Turey installer, who download the MediaVps, and the .MVE stuff as optional, mainly because If I need to make a patch for that incluing both 3.6.9 VPs and MVE movies... that patch will be just ridiculus, a +1GB patch -.-

« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 01:30:25 am by ShivanSpS »