That's right, loyal readers, we're still alive! In fact, we have been working hard behind the scenes to incorporate new features and simultaneously fixing bugs.
- Fate of the Galaxy still uses a custom SCP build, but we have created a small patch to allow our game to be playable with the newest nightly builds as well. This will allow beta testers on Knossos to easily pickup the game and save us the effort of always needing to update out builds. There a just a few features that we need to merge in from our FotG branch to master, but once that happens we won’t even need our small patch to keep up with the latest SCP developments.
- A new aspect to the hyperspace entry script has been added which shows the planets zoom into the screen when exiting hyperspace (examples of this planet zoom are in Rouge 1 and Return of the Jedi).
- FotG is on Knossos as a private beta for select testers! We are very happy to be taking advantage of the incredible tool that ngld and company have put together, as it allows us to easily share FotG with our beta testers and hopefully soon the entire Hardlight community!
- We officially have had one beta tester play a set of our first missions, (thanks Unfortunate Piot Dude!) and we already are working to incorporate his valuable feedback.
- We also updated our shield icons for small ships, so now they have proper resolution and shield segments.
You heard us right, Fate of the Galaxy has officially moved into the private beta stage! As we get valuable feedback from this (currently) small group, we'll be better prepared to move into an open beta and full public release. This would not be possible without the countless hours put in by those working on the FreeSpace Open SCP and Knossos projects, and we thank all those involved for their hard work.
There's still plenty to do though, and there are always ways to contribute! Take a look at our needed ships
and positions open
threads for more info.
Have a great summer, and may the force be with you.