Author Topic: RELEASE: Trimurti  (Read 57982 times)

I think the problem was already found

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I've just completed my playthrough.  :pimp:

Spoiler:
If the main goal was to provide a gaming experience that would, as much as possible, get the player to watch the Great War from the perspective of a Shivan pilot, Trimurti succeeded and did so admirably. The last mission in particular, mostly because of its final cutscene, really added something to this campaign. I noticed a handful of glitches here and there that may be fixed in a later release via quick FREDding, but this is a miniscule drawback compared to the amount of work devoted to creating this campaign. It may eventually be expanded with a bit more of a "storytelling depth" in future releases, but that is mostly a matter of opinion. Many fans would disagree.

I see that Trimurti as a word has its roots in Sanskrit, although I have to say that "tri murti" means three dead men in my local dialect. At first, in fact, I was like... what the hell? Has this been developed by a neighbor?  :lol:

Oh, and I got 0/5 spoons.  :nervous:

EDIT: I'm reading comments about fans having trouble trying to figure out what to do in certain missions. I have to admit, in fact, that the mission featuring both an Imhotep and a Faustus was a headscratcher. I downloaded this mod via Knossos so I didn't know that debriefing suggestion texts actually explained what to do. My mistake.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:22:23 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline pipai

Hi! I'm getting an error:

Error: shv-01.fs2(line 2355):
Missing required token: [$Arrival Location:]. Found [+Formation: Tetrahedron] instead.

Running it via locally-built knossos using FSO 19.0.0.

Trimurti requires a nightly on or after 9/04/2020, Knossos should enforce that, although I may have set something up wrong.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
There's a specific line in mod.json files that covers that. It should also take care of downloading a build compatible with the pre-set requirements (and it doesn't have to be a recent build, either - certain mods on Knossos will get you to download FSO 19.0.0 in case you don't have it).

Also - I was wondering, is Trimurti going to cover the FS2 timeline in a future release?  :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Let's just say I have plans for a continuation, but not in the way you might think. Don't hold your breath though, it will be awhile.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Let's just say I have plans for a continuation, but not in the way you might think. Don't hold your breath though, it will be awhile.
He's making Sanctuary campaign :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
He's making Sanctuary campaign :]

No, it has to be (speculative, not commanding) an Into the Breach/Othercide/Star Renegades-like timeline hoping thing - otherwise it wouldn't take this long :P :P
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."