Author Topic: RELEASE: Vassago's Dirge *Updated Jan 18th 2014! MediaVP 2014 support!*  (Read 132772 times)

Offline Axem

Re: RELEASE: Vassago's Dirge
The last cutscene is there regardless of ending. The debriefing afterwards will clue you into which ending you got. How far you get in the second last mission determines that debrief.

Spoiler:
1) Die in the nebula - Worst End
2) Jump out or get blasted by the supernova without finding the green dot - Good enough End
3) Find the green dot and get blasted by the supernova - True End

Offline Nehemiah

• I prefer exploding spaceships to blood and gore.
The last cutscene is there regardless of ending. The debriefing afterwards will clue you into which ending you got. How far you get in the second last mission determines that debrief.

Spoiler:
1) Die in the nebula - Worst End
2) Jump out or get blasted by the supernova without finding the green dot - Good enough End
3) Find the green dot and get blasted by the supernova - True End

Spoiler:
How can I tell if I have actually "found" the green dot?  Is it when the text says "come with us"?  Because I've flown towards the green dot, but I run into a ship eventually, and the green dot shifts as I fly around the ship, indicating the green dot is the ship.  So when I reach the ship, does the game register that I found the green dot?

The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace.  It failed...

No no!  I love the mod!  That's just what Commander Ivanova says at the beginning of B5 season 3.

Offline Axem

If its not working right, try the patch. I broke the true end by accident in one of the patches.  :nervous:

Offline Nehemiah

If its not working right, try the patch. I broke the true end by accident in one of the patches.  :nervous:

Spoiler:
I have the msot recent patch.  What is actually supposed to happen in game to let you know you've found the green dot?

No no!  I love the mod!  That's just what Commander Ivanova says at the beginning of B5 season 3.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Spoiler:
Your character says "The future is near" when you reach that Iceni doesn't he? Then something else when you don't go to it.

Offline Madcat

Axem, thank you so much for this campaign, it has left me almost speechless at first.
I love the music (especially when synchronized with events) and the overall mood.

The first time I got the "good enough" ending, and now the true ending with the help here... it's quite disturbing, to say the least. :D

I also had some problems catching all the comm messages in combat, so did some F4 reading as well from time to time.
But since I managed to die a fair bit (beams seem to like me!) I could enjoy the missions more when knowing the rough mission plot.
Voice acting would definitely make this awesome campaign even more enjoyable.

But due to the unique mood and great ideas in the mission design I think this campaign should have a rather high replay value. I know I'll play it again... for example this evening!  :D
And of course when the 3.6.12 MediaVPs come out.

Offline Nehemiah

Spoiler:
Your character says "The future is near" when you reach that Iceni doesn't he? Then something else when you don't go to it.

Spoiler:
Oh, it's the Iceni I've been running into.  Yeah, he did say "the future is near".

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Spoiler:
I got the one where,
A- Planted a virus and saved Alpha 2(?)
B- Got back the the Azrael
C- Zapped by something, picked up by transport ( a lot of white, i was tempted to quit but i was just patient)
D-Nebula
E- Killed a Perseus
F-Capella sploded, i jumped out (cos i couldn't see the damn vega node :()
G- Got picked up by a transport
Splosions in time with music

LEft me wanting to try for another ending. I assume they're choices in the nebula?

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Online Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, there are choices in both the nebula and what comes after.  Axem's post at the top of the page lays it all out.

And Axem, just to clarify something, so I know I'm not being dense: :p

Spoiler:
The scene at the start of Con Brio where you're getting picked up by that transport in the middle of nowhere is what happens after you ejected in the first mission, right?

Offline Axem

Mongoose:
Spoiler:
Yep, you can see the derelict Demon that didn't wake up and the Sobek that got crippled in the debris field.

Offline Madcat

Just finished the third playthrough, now I got all endings and can go to sleep with my mind at ease.

Actually I think it took me those three times to get all (or at least most) of the nuances and references in the plot... and an outstanding plot it is.
Also I must applaud your great attention to detail in the mission design, Axem...
Spoiler:
Great job alternating the jamming field between the Rattlehead and the Skullcrusher... fooled me just fine on the second playthrough!

BTW, so far I found two spoons...

No sleep yet, but rather a 4th playthrough, and I got Rachmaninov spinning in my head the whole day!

This campaign for me really has the biggest replay value so far, most definitely because of the unique mood and those...
Spoiler:
... damn spoons! Found 4/7 so far...  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 06:29:42 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Well at least you found me!

right...?

did you?  :warp:
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
So much for being the first to mention those. :P
Well I'll be playing it a third time for that anyway.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Anyone using Text-To-Speech with this, and if so can you link me to a 3.6.12 rc build with it compiled in?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Madcat

Well at least you found me!

right...?

did you?  :warp:

Why yeah I guess I did find you... several times... and you as well... or maybe you were not you?
Now I'm confused...  :nervous:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bfKCk3cRTM

Offline Nehemiah

Spoiler:
I am assuming that the final mission debrief when the SOC operative is talking abot "what killed the Psamtik is the first of a new armada" and that that is "nothing compared to Capella going nova" and ordering to go ahead with operation Lion's Den is the real ending?

Offline Axem

MP-Ryan: I don't think text to speech will work in this campaign. I used sound files to notify the player when a message is being sent, so it would make FreeSpace think there's voice acting so TTS will play.

Nehemiah: Yes. :)

Offline Madcat

Hey Axem, which recordings of the Rachmaninov piano concertos No. 2 and 3 did you use in the game?
They sound really good, and I've been wading through iTunes and Amazon for hours trying to choose which one to buy...  :confused:

Offline Axem

I think this is the recording...

http://www.amazon.com/Rachmaninov-Piano-Concertos-Nos-3/dp/B00005NWO2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1225890068&sr=1-1

I got it from a different compilation, but Yefrim Bronfman was credited on the piano so I checked out his works and found that. I had a quick listen to the previews, it definitely sounds like it.

Offline Madcat

Perfect, thanks so much!
Sounds like the right one indeed... I've ordered it right away. :)

Spoiler:
But for the life of me, I can't find more than 4 spoons...