Author Topic: OSX compiling problems  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Re: OSX compiling problems
Aha!  Turns out I'd added the framework incorrectly.  By default, Xcode selected "FS2_Open" to add the framework to, when it should have been "code" (I think), like so:

With this change it seems I am getting farther.  Now things proceed on until I get some new errors. :)  Looks like I need grzbuffer.cpp for something to be happy.

Tool:0: Command /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 failed with exit code 1
Tool:0: powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: no input files
Tool:0: powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: warning: '-x c++' after last input file has no effect
Tool:0: powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1: /Users/jon/fs2source/fs2_open_3_6_9/projects/Xcode/../../code/graphics/grzbuffer.cpp: No such file or directory
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
grzbuffer.cpp was removed from the code tree, so just take it out of the project file.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Which reminds me, I ought to update the Xcode project files once CVS is back up.

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
grzbuffer.cpp was removed from the code tree, so just take it out of the project file.
*goes off to figure out how to do that* :)

Which reminds me, I ought to update the Xcode project files once CVS is back up.
:nod:  I might be able to work on SA again at last if this works.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Crapf.  I have no idea how to do this.  Xcode project files are a lot stranger than MSVC project files or Makefiles. :(

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Crapf.  I have no idea how to do this.  Xcode project files are a lot stranger than MSVC project files or Makefiles. :(
Yeah, I have to admit that I had a good laugh when you said that you'd fix it.  ;)

I already took care of it though.  Updating the Xcode stuff was about the only thing that I did in CVS during the mailing list outage.  That's only for the 3.6.9 branch though, I'm still staying away from HEAD until 3.6.10 comes out.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
K. :)

So if Sesq refreshes his CVS, he should be good to go?  Do the Xcode projects include all the changes from this thread?

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
Yep, he should be good to with just an update.  I also modified the icon file, updated the frameworks, and made sure that CVS was set to preserve the binary status of those files (to avoid future corruption from Windows-user commits, like has happened in the past).

The changes in that thread don't really apply though.  It's still only the 3.6.9 branch, the changes that apply to HEAD are going to have to wait.  I don't have time to fix all of the problems that exist in HEAD right now in order to make sure it all works properly cross-platform (Linux had a ton of errors before, and still has a few issues that affect stability, and the Mac builds will need quite a few more code fixes before they are safe to use).  The platform specific stuff, in either branch, is available to the project files but are part of any active builds, so changes related to those won't affect building in any way.