Author Topic: Janus revisited  (Read 20229 times)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
seems like it's really coming together.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Alright the Narn laser is back in.  I called it NR XRay Light since there was only a heavy.  Redid the MF Tlez'iar.  It's a long rang aspect seeking version of the Shokrai that does less damage.  Gave the Nial the ability to carry 2 of them in the Janus-shp.tbm.  I didn't check to see if any other ships used it or not.  Nova-X and weapons renamed to EA Nova-X, EA Nova-X main beam and EA Nova-X AAA beam. 

Missions of course will need updated with the new names. 

Now for the goodies:

Nova beam warmup:

Nova beams firing:

Nova beam and AAA beam firing. 

Narn Light X-ray firing.   

I'll get the new files uploaded before I go to bed.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
excellent fubar, is the updated files in the link earlier?

milboro can you give me access to the forum please?

other than that ive just been flying through tryin to et more of a feel of it....
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I guess I should have either reposted the link or said I was replacing the old file so just use the previous link.  Was getting pretty tired but I did manage to post it last night. 

I see for some strange reason the AAA beam didn't show up in the pic.  I swear it was in the pic before I converted it.  Oh well it looks the same only smaller, shorter range, rapid fire,  and less damage.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Just  a quick plot question and probably a spoiler.  Is the Janus supposed to be a Nova-X and if so in all missions or does it become one at a certain point?

I'm going through and looking for ship classes/weapons that are outdated or I changed and it would be easy to change the Janus while I'm doing it.

Little more Nova like.

With more Nova textures:

So what do you think?  Engines Shadow covered or Nova style?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:33:33 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
milboro can you give me access to the forum please?

Yes I can, wasn't on computer yesterday. Should be fixed up, right about... now.

Just  a quick plot question and probably a spoiler.  Is the Janus supposed to be a Nova-X and if so in all missions or does it become one at a certain point?

No, Janus will convert after Minbari war to Omega class (yet another non-canon), on grounds that few surviving Novas were updated as vanguard of decimated EA fleet.

So what do you think?  Engines Shadow covered or Nova style?

Nova style, EA shouldn't be able to tamper too much with their engines, mainly so that they could actually push something this big out of production line this quickly. Production was hasted due to war anyway, so some signs of hybrid should be present.

Alright the Narn laser is back in.  I called it NR XRay Light since there was only a heavy.  Redid the MF Tlez'iar

Narn X-Ray is same as regular Narn beam, it just is on original tables because in TBP1.0 there was only EA and Minbari as factions.
Tlez'iar doesn't play important role in campaign, its a relic from TBP1.0 times (besides Nials are hard enough to kill as it is). However I could use light anti-capship missile for Minbari, would make balancing easier in some missions.

Thanks yet again. Fubar I could extend Janus private forum for you too, even if you're not making missions it would be helpful to have you around if you will.
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Sure set me up.  If nothing else I can keep Andicirk in line. 

Well the Narn X-ray and the Narn Laser you had were way off in damage.  Actually the Narn Laser didn't really come close to anything there so I just went ahead and made a hybrid of what you had and the X-ray.  Same with the Tlez'iar.  If you don't use it it can be taken out later. 

I'll be uploading one more version shortly.  It has the Nova changes and I went through in notepad and changed the weapons to the new names.  Also one briefing icon needed changing. 

Offline Vidmaster

this is getting more complex every day  :lol:  Maybe Janus should use a seperate Mod?

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline captain-custard

Posted by: FUBAR-BDHR

Sure set me up.  If nothing else I can keep Andicirk in line.

:eek2:

you do know this will never happen , my freewill and stiupidity will save me every time, and we both know you need my idiotic questions at 4am to keep you sane..... :D
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
this is getting more complex every day  :lol:  Maybe Janus should use a seperate Mod?

It is a mod.  It has it's own tables, model, textures, etc.  One of the reasons for using a mod folder for it. 

Of course that doesn't mean we won't ask to include the ship in Zathras.

Offline Vidmaster

Ah, okay.

Still, that NovaX feels to me like something for this campaign and that's it. Not sure about Zathras, at least the main vp.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Still, that NovaX feels to me like something for this campaign and that's it.

*cough*ITB*Cough*
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline starlord

A little news coming from janus lately? ;)

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
No

Been out of country for almost three weeks now and by it looks its very quiet in Janus internal forum.

Offline starlord

By the janus internal forum, you mean this one, don't you? Not the forum that you started somewhere with carbine7? :p

Offline captain-custard

i think he means on the other one ....; ie not here

Offline starlord

Where is the link to that forum? I don't believe I know of it.

Offline captain-custard

Where is the link to that forum? I don't believe I know of it.

its not public so you will have to ask milburo .....

Offline starlord

Ok then. Let's hope the progress there will also be transmitted to the HLP.

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
So far there isn't really much progress and forum is just for private use, it has public side, but it is empty.