Author Topic: Enigma 2666 *work in progress*  (Read 63089 times)

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Re: Enigma 2666 *work in progress*
Now both WC1 Capships are done (Sivar is not in the game and Ralari still WIP)

Edit: Pic Update: Dorkir added
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:10:02 pm by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Final Hha'ifra

PS:
Dukara Troop Transport
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 04:10:20 pm by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Al-Rik

I have a request regarding the playable fighters:

Could you try to set the viewpoint in the .pof and the transparency of the canopy textures in a way that makes it possible to use the "showship" command to have a cockpit view ?

In combination with target padlock view the cockpitview adds a lot of immersion, even when the cockpit is lowres an lowpoly.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I don't think most of these fighter models have any sort of cockpit model to warrant canopy transparency.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Right. There is no cockpit for anyone of the fighters.
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Al-Rik

Right. There is no cockpit for anyone of the fighters.
:(

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Update: Only the Dorkathi and Kamekh needs an texture update and the Ralari is still missing. Rest of the Kilrathi Fleet is done.

Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
What about the Sivar?
http://www.wcnews.com/ships/wc1sivar.shtml
According to CIC, the version without a PAG was a common cat dreadnought.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Hmm I have no model for it :( I would even use it as a counterpart for the Gettysburg.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:57:27 am by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Light

I downloaded that Sivar class for you. I had to break it down into two smaller files in order to attach it.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline starlord

dragon? wouldn't that be the "movie" sivar?

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The one Deathsnake posted is clearly from WC1, though with a weird hull texture. I don't think Sivar-class even appeared in the movie.

Offline starlord

actually, yes it does, and I think it is the common sivar battleship you are referring to! the WC1 sivar is the oddity, and I believe is a unique ship!

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
The movie Sivar is a no go. I don't like the complete design from the movie.
But...did you play the Super Wing Commander from the 3DO System? There are a few missions, the CIC guys call is "Secret Missions 1.5" where you search and destroy the shipyards from the Sivar class. So there is more than one of this class. But without the PAG.
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
I've got no model for the Lumbari so I change the Dorkir with Cargo Pods:

Dilligent, Dorkir, Lumbari and Drayman. The WC1 Supportshipline is done :)

PS: I see that the Fuel Tank of the Dilligent is too short. I change it tomorrow.
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Thx to Kevin, he help us to texture and overwork Cybots Supply Depot for the Terrans. There some dockingpoints for capships and hangarbays for transports and fighters.

One model less to go. K'titrakh Mang is still in works by Zohrath. The Bengal with Launchtubes, the Tolmacs and the Pelileu what all done by Cybot are left. Ralari still missing.

The Paradigm has now done with the turrets. But I want overworking on the textures and add some windows and other stuff

Still there a some errors in the engines. The Turrets are now 3 Tachyon, 5 Mass Driver and 8 Laser. I still think its to much but the shields and armor are very weak.
In groups the ship are deadly to complete fighterwings of an Kilrathi Carrier. I already make the armor and the shield down (now it has the same stats as the Kamekh, like in Privateer), but here the five ships destroy over 60 of the 90 attacking Darkets Oo

Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I joined Saga back then because its battles finally made Wing Commander 3 (and 4) look like it was supposed to look from the start. This mod kinda expands this wonderful feeling to the ancient WC titles as well.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
I agree. But I hope the balancing between the ships works out well, that's a lot of work.
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Now thanks to Kevin, RedBaron and FekLeyrTarg the Kilrathi Fleet is done (One ship is missing but not really needed)

From the Kilrathi side only K'titrakh Mang is missing (WIP by Zohrath) Terrans ship are also WIP by Kevin (Bengal, Tolmacy and Pelileu all done by Cybot78)

Missions still WIP because I startet a few several times again and... delete it because I was not really happy about it. But we are not dead ;)
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Glad to hear that you guys are still working on it!

About the missions: How many will it be, and do you plan to have voice acting in them?
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."