Author Topic: RELEASE: EFF Sabre  (Read 8320 times)

#Edit

RELEASE:

The model is finished and all yours for using :)

I don't expect any trouble but if there is any problem with the model, please let me know ASAP.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d1x1jg7c0b2x6vn/GTF-Sabre-Release-v1.0.rar

OLD POST

Hello everyone.

While I'm still waiting to receive the final UV layout for Agneya to carry on with the rest of textures I decided to do something in the meantime. So I had two options. Try to start texturing my previous models <hydra, huh?> or to start something new. I had one attempt to properly UV the Hydra but I gave up. I made that model when I was a complete noob and I didn't give a damn about having a mapping-friendly geometry. So here am I, working on the next model. I treat this thing as a kind of test for myself. I promised myself that will make it simple and with a geometry that I could handle to UVmap.

So let me show you the newest crap from my workshop :P
The EFF Sabre
Sabre (View in 3D)

It's an asset made for The Mystery Project that we're working on. That fighter will fill a space superiority role in one of the Terran factions. It is designed to operate in both space and Earth's atmosphere environment.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:37:46 pm by Col.Hornet »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This little baby belong to the Earth Federated Nations - same faction from Mystery Project as EFFg Solomon, and will be released the same way.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Status report. Model is ready and I'm currently doing the UVmaping which is about 50% complete.

OK. UVmap is finished and ready to go.

Now I'm taking my first steps towards normal mapping in NDO2 :)

Guys I have a question regarding AO bake. I tried make a nice looking AObake but without good results so far. How to make it properly in blender? How to set lights, sampling etc? When I delete all the light sources to make equal everywhere the resulting map is blank with a few darker spots

Offline DahBlount

• Alpine ☆ Cancer Tribulation
    • Minecraft
If you plan on using cycles, follow this:
Step 1: Create a blank texture in the Blender Image Editor with no Alpha.
Step 2: Clear all materials from your model or create a copy, then clear. Add a new material and name it something relevant.
Step 3: Select use nodes in the materials. Bring up the node editor and, using Shift+A, add an Image Texture node and Ambient Occlusion node. Delete the Diffuse BSDF node and plug the AO node into the materials Surface port.
Step 4: Set the image texture to the blank texture you created earlier and click on it to highlight it. Select the UVs of the object and move them into the blank texture.
Step 5: In the Bake tab, set the output to Ambient Occlusion. Let it bake at about 500 samples for about 5 hours if you use your CPU, or about 10-15 minutes if you're using an Nvidia GPU.
<Axem> yet still more insightful than #hard-light

<Axem> jad2.23 will just be cat videos

<DahBlount> So
<DahBlount> JAD2.2 is like that
<Axem> maybe
<Axem> it can be whatever you like!
<DahBlount> A Chocolate Sundae?
<Axem> sure

My models: GTF Gilgamesh - GTD Nuadha [Redesigning] - Ningirama [WIP] - GTG Zephyrus

Humble update.

I slapped the basic linework, colors and gave them some texture.

https://p3d.in/BsyCH

The diffuse map is almost ready, Betrayal is taking care of converting the model into the game.

Is there a possibility to move the thread to the Exile board?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
BY YOUR COMMAND

(oh wait wrong universe)

We have this ingame :D

Just a few tweaks to the textures, pof configuration, testing and we'll release her :) LoD's and debris are already made and functioning.

Model is released.

Thanks for your excellent work, Col. Hornet! It's a beauty. I look forward to take it for a spin.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

This is amazing! Design wise, I love the look of it (it looks like it's based on multiple real-world plane designs, and maintains a nice spacefighter look to it all the same.) It also plays quite nicely so far, have not found any issues yet.
Only problem was I was missing some texutres around the cockpit, had to improvise a little there.

Great work though! Thank you for this.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This is amazing! Design wise, I love the look of it (it looks like it's based on multiple real-world plane designs, and maintains a nice spacefighter look to it all the same.) It also plays quite nicely so far, have not found any issues yet.
Only problem was I was missing some texutres around the cockpit, had to improvise a little there.

Great work though! Thank you for this.
Hornet's speciality. Sabre was designed to perform both long space missions and being capable of performing atmospheric flights. This thing comes from Earth :P

As for the missing texture... Tercoc02, huh? We will add this and update the download. Simply replace it with Tercoc01, it's available in MediaVPs 2014. Missing texture is blue-colored Tercoc01. Thanks for the report :]
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Ooooh, this is pretty! It would make a wicked stealth fighter, especially with a dark reskin. I think I just found the GTVA's post-capella replacement for the Pegasus.
"Obviously the meson bomb is a form of cat-toast-device, with the buttered toast inverted, so that the cat and toast both fly in the direction of gravity much faster than expected. By introducing artificial gravity, a pair of cat-toast perpetual motion accelerator units can be made to collide with one another, and they produce an unimaginably devastating explosion. Both cats are named 'Meson'."

- Wikileaks 2383