Author Topic: Exile - Discussion  (Read 58783 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We will start SG:R immediately, after release of ItDW :). I already prepared a lot of new models for Reborn, including vasudan fleetpack and missile cruiser for Nightmares... And new cyan beams. Cool as f*** beams!

But they have to wait. Important things are... Important :P, and Exile is currently the most important of them.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:50:52 pm by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
It a complex mod designed to extend every aspect of the game.
VA should be included with the initial release

You will fight, you will suffer, you will be terrified
and you want me to win :shaking:

25 action-packed missions and cutscenes
Is this only one act? The original campaign told a lot of story in 29 missions and if the first act has got just as many missions and you have 4 acts :wtf: that'll make this mod a monster of a story

Experience campaign of the best possible visual quality, made in age of FSO 3.7.3 and MediaVPs 2014. Exile is a complete mod of outstanding size, with plenty of new models, effects, backgrounds, music, sounds and much more!
My expectations are off the scale :P nevertheless I'm still looking forward to this. I've read the fiction so far and it sounds appealing. Make it a good story!

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Are you volunteering to direct the whole operation?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It should, but it's amount of work that's hard to imagine. I'm looking at guys from BP and how much time they spent on voice acting AoA and WiH. Sometimes I'm wondering what took more time and efforts - mod itself or VA.
So VA is a luxury that is beyond our current skills.

You will fight, you will suffer, you will be terrified
and you want me to win :shaking:
A win means something totally different in case of Exile. Our missions are much easier than missions from SG. This part is refering to our story. From the plot perspective, win means.... Staying alive :P.

Is this only one act? The original campaign told a lot of story in 29 missions and if the first act has got just as many missions and you have 4 acts :wtf: that'll make this mod a monster of a story
Into the Dark Waters is 25 missions and cutscenes long and believe me, we have only a few missions designed stricte to incrase length of campaign :P. A story behind the Exile is a long and multi-threaded. Each act will bring you different feelings and push different aspects of the storyline forward... And each act is intense. While I like plot of Shadow Genesis, it's still old scenario of madman who opened ancient portal and let mysterious, dark race invade terran controlled space. Pretty classic and overused scenario among FS modding community.

Exile is something different that uses no known schemes :P. Storyline is one of the best things which Exile has to offer. I would clearly consider it as my opus magnum, if not my WiP dark-fantasy novel :)

Experience campaign of the best possible visual quality, made in age of FSO 3.7.3 and MediaVPs 2014. Exile is a complete mod of outstanding size, with plenty of new models, effects, backgrounds, music, sounds and much more!
My expectations are off the scale :P nevertheless I'm still looking forward to this. I've read the fiction so far and it sounds appealing. Make it a good story!
I hope we won't disappoint you :)
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Wanting to collaborate or working on it. Looking forward, though! :)

Anyway, I've got a mod started in December 2014, when can I host it?
I may PM you if you need your skills :). For now we are full team, have proper beta-testers and not recruting new team members.

You can actually post your request in this forum. However in case of Shattered Stars or any other project you have, I don't advise it.

I'm not gonna discourage you :P, but face the truth. I'm here from.... 7 years? I've released tons of stuff, collaborated with numerous people on various projects, and I do a lot of things here. In short, I'm known. Before Exile two projects got hosting here - Frontlines by Black Wolf and Dimensional Eclipse with Droid803 in command. All three of us are old modders with lot of experiance. If HLP Administrators grant somebody's project hosting, it mean trust.

You have two unfinished projects with no stable future, four started models, one finished one thanks to collab with me. I think you need... A little bit more to show yourself as potential project leader of hosted project. It's not my call anyway.

Keep in mind mow many archived projects are here, and the names are Admiral Nelson, Galemp, Shiv etc. Modders older than me, all well known. HLP high rulers are your friends, but I'm fully aware why they are quite cautious at granting hosting for new projects.

I tried clicking on that link, but this forum appears to be non-existent right now. Anyway, in case of Shattered Stars or any other project you have, I don't need it, though I have a ModDB page on my current project I'm working on: www.moddb.com/mods/shattered-stars.

For the record, I have two campaigns, FreeSpace: Reunited and Shattered Stars. The former proved to be overly ambitious for me to undertake, so I decided to start a non-FSR campaign without voice-acting, which resulted in the latter, set in the same universe of the 2012 Total Recall remake. I hosted this on GitHub, which contains missions FREDded by me. I acted as modeller, writer, FREDder, tabler, beta-tester, etc.

As for models, I have five started models; one of which was released last month and improved with PBR assets and a shielded mesh. The other four models are HTL remakes of the existing FS ships to be included on the next MediaVPs, namely those neglected ones, though Mjn.Mixael has textured the Azrael. The fourth and last one appears to be started recently, and I am going to take the suggestions from others regarding this.

Thank you for that.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Got that, and now get back, stop making offtop, and stick to the topic. This thread is mine :P

Offline Macielos

If you played Shadow Genesis, you must know we only make huge campaigns :P.

Expect more pieces of fiction in a few days :). We're going to publish several articles as an introduction to Exile lore and main storyline.

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Then you must know I never played Shadow Genesis. Will look into it though ;) More fiction. Oh Joy :yes:

Are you volunteering to direct the whole operation?
No :P I wouldn't commit to something I have no experience or knowledge in, I'd just be letting the team down. I could contribute in another way though ;)

Exile is something different that uses no known schemes :P. Storyline is one of the best things which Exile has to offer. I would clearly consider it as my opus magnum, if not my WiP dark-fantasy novel :)
I'm excited to hear this :nod: Really looking forward to how the story ties in with the dialogue and game play.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Daft question... maybe... as I'm not quite clear on this, but this IS the fabled "Mystery Project"?

Yes/No?
I do not feel... I think!

Offline Macielos

Daft question... maybe... as I'm not quite clear on this, but this IS the fabled "Mystery Project"?

Yes/No?
Yes :).

Offline CT27

How's Exile going?

University is going :/ Betrayal is graduating this month and I'm battling my own exams. Sadly I won't have much time after exams either. I'm joining the Navy for a two week practice in Hydrographic department.

Offline CT27

University is going :/ Betrayal is graduating this month and I'm battling my own exams. Sadly I won't have much time after exams either. I'm joining the Navy for a two week practice in Hydrographic department.

Sounds interesting; what exactly does "Hydrographic department" mean?

It's a section responsible for creating and updating maritime navigational charts. They are also responsible for sonar surveys and search operations (to detect old mines and dangerous junk that may lay on the sea bottom and be a potential danger for marine traffic) In short :P

But after my work is done I hope that I will catch up with the models I'm preparing for the mod.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:48:06 pm by Col.Hornet »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We're making cool things.

As always.

We just have a small delay :P. Infamous "real life issues" and stuff. Stay tuned. We will give ya something cool. I promise :]

I hope you'll both do well, Col. Hornet and Betrayal. I look forward to see development of Exile continue soon. For me personally the break in development coincided favorably as the past months have been very busy for me as well, so at least I haven't missed out much on development.

Don't forget to celebrate after you've passed though!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm going to be constantly drunk for a month or even more when I'm done with my school :P.

I think we will resume development next week or something like that. While Macielos is still very busy, I can continue working on assets and other stuff that's needed.

In the Exile logo "मुक्ति एकता प्रगति" were added below. Is it just in the logo or is there anything related to hindi or sanskrit in the game ? I just want to know to which extent the words are related to the game.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
They are "freedom", "progress" and "unity" in sanskrit. Three the most important virtues that ORS is build on.

Offline CT27

Now that it's been released, I can say that I really enjoyed this campaign.  I was a gamma tester on this.  The mood was created well.