Author Topic: [RELEASE] Into the Dark Waters  (Read 59145 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: [RELEASE] Into the Dark Waters
Excellent!  Downloading now.

And yeesh, "25 action-packed missions and cutscenes" with each one "15-20 minutes long [sometimes even longer]"?  Wow.  I am impressed already. :yes:

Offline Macielos

It's 27 now, just fixed an announcement. Not all of them are that long, of course, but still Exile should keep you involved for long hours :).

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Excellent!  Downloading now.

And yeesh, "25 action-packed missions and cutscenes" with each one "15-20 minutes long [sometimes even longer]"?  Wow.  I am impressed already. :yes:
It is... Quite long. Longer than 25-mission campaign used to be... And more intense :P. We have hope that our mission style won't be exhausted for players.

I owe you my personal thanks for trust you evinced us when we requested hosting. Took us longer than we initially expected, but still we succeed :).
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Wow! Thanks so much guys!

Downloading now. :D

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Congrats! I'm downloading it though I have no idea when I'll actually be able to play it. Looks great though!
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Wohoo! I have been waiting for this one! I liked Shadow Genesis so I expect something similar in quality (or better)  ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I owe you my personal thanks for trust you evinced us when we requested hosting. Took us longer than we initially expected, but still we succeed :).

You are very welcome, and I in turn am very happy to see how it has borne fruit. :)  In fact, this is one of the most successful hosted projects on HLP, in terms of planning, publicity, speed of release after hosting, and size of release.  Congratulations!

Congratulations on release, Nyctaeus! I look forward to see what people think of the campaign.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Looking forward to it, the weeking is getting closer :-)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline kimo

Congratulations on release! I remember beginning of this "Mysterious Project" years ago on polish FS forum and I am really glad it was completed :) I just finished campaign and it was very enjoyable (even if I had to fly Encantona so many times :P)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Congratulations on release! I remember beginning of this "Mysterious Project" years ago on polish FS forum and I am really glad it was completed :) I just finished campaign and it was very enjoyable (even if I had to fly Encantona so many times :P)
Awww... It's you :P. I remember you. I re-released your planet pack here. We used it well. Nice to see you here after all of these years!

I don't remember if Exile was ever annouced on fs.pl. Shadow Genesis definitely was. Exile was born on HLP if I remember correctly... Still I'm glad you enjoyed it :D.

Offline kimo

Yeah, I'm still lurking around ;) I'm glad my planets were usefull for something :)
Also I'm sure you anounced (or at least mentioned) one more project (other than SG) on fs.pl, but perhaps it was not future Exile.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Yeah, I'm still lurking around ;) I'm glad my planets were usefull for something :)
Also I'm sure you anounced (or at least mentioned) one more project (other than SG) on fs.pl, but perhaps it was not future Exile.
If you think about Ultima Cena, it's actually veeery old grandfather of Exile. ItDW inherited some assets and plot ideas.
Spoiler:
...like Malia device deep in unknown space

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Speaking of freespace.pl, when is that site coming back? :p

Speaking of freespace.pl, when is that site coming back? :p

That's a thing that will not happen, ever I suppose. Drive, which contained all the forum data was wiped out :P

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sad. :(  For some while, people were saying that they thought it would eventually come back.  Foxer told me he was trying to restore an old backup.

Hi,

great release. However, I have  a problem in the first mission. Pressing "A" does not work, nothing happens afterwards. I am running Ubuntu 14.04 and 3.7.4, so, 3.8.0 will not work due to dependency problems with the compiler. Any ideas?

Thanks
praseodym

Offline Macielos

Spoiler:
You should keep pressing A, I mean press it again and again many times :P. Keeping it pressed and not releasing should also work. You know, it's a Call of Duty-style fully scripted dramatic moment. Engine should trigger after about 15 seconds, just after Rosie is killed.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 07:12:24 am by Macielos »

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I think you messed up something in the mission chain.

Mission where the shivan destroyers instantly jumps again and gets behind your lines, and you only have a tiny force of a bomber wing +2 fighter wings to disable it - I didn't disable it in time and it jumped. Game continued to the next mission. Next mission you had to destroy it. I did. I get a failure and cannot progress.
I also cannot re-do the previous mission in the chain, meaning, I'm stuck
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!