Author Topic: [RELEASE] Into the Dark Waters  (Read 59156 times)

Re: [RELEASE] Into the Dark Waters
 :lol: That was a good one!  :D Well, back to the "problem", yes, I´ve used the checkpoint, at least twice in order to repeat this mission. So I hit the ALT+J key combination  while the last ship jumps out or just stay there? I´m almost sure I´m relatively close to the jump node as the last ship jumps out. Let me go at it again and see what happens. Thanks for the advice Nyctaeus!  :)

Jumping into the portal :P. Make sure that you are in close proximity of center of the node.

Also did U use chackpoints?

Well, I´ve tried it again. at least two more times. I´ve placed myself right smack in the middle of the Delta Lacertae jump node position but to no avail. The whole convoy escapes, and the last ship passes right by me and the mission does not end, I don´t jump out. Even with all enemy wings destroyed and only the Sathanas present. I´m stuck and unable to leave this mission. I think I´m going to give up on this... Thank for the help anyway!  :doubt:

:lol: That was a good one!  :D Well, back to the "problem", yes, I´ve used the checkpoint, at least twice in order to repeat this mission. So I hit the ALT+J key combination  while the last ship jumps out or just stay there? I´m almost sure I´m relatively close to the jump node as the last ship jumps out. Let me go at it again and see what happens. Thanks for the advice Nyctaeus!  :)

Jumping into the portal :P. Make sure that you are in close proximity of center of the node.

Also did U use chackpoints?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:35:36 am by Viriatus79 »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Okay... That issue never occured before. We will investigate it today.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Thank you so much. Might it be because of the mission "selection" that I´ve made during the campaign? I mean, I´m not new to the Freespace 2 Universe. The original Freespace, Freespace 2 with the 3.8.0 build and newest Media VPs. Babylon 5 project, Diaspora, Wing Commander Saga and many others mods...ran through all of these! But it still might be me, I guess...  :D Maybe enabling the possibility of making the jump ourselves to end this particular mission? Thank you, once again!  :rolleyes:

Okay... That issue never occured before. We will investigate it today.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Dying 5 times, even by cheats, should allow you to proceed to the next mission anyway, you know.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Macielos

I think I found the problem. A mission goal requires several transports to be destroyed or departed. Unfortunately, one of them, Nandi, is loaded from mission Exile07 and sexp doesn't include situation where it's been destroyed back in that mission (so it never arrives in current mission). I suspect this is the case.

Noted for 1.2 patch.

A workaround: delete (or rename) file data/scripts/exile07ships and replay the mission without using a checkpoint, you should be able to advance.

Thank you for that MitoPl, that is also stated in the “help tips” when we start Freespace 2 (at the main menu start), but this mod is so good that this kinda bugged me when it happened. The story, the ship models, the soundtrack, everything is so well made that is almost addictive. I’d be happy to help by reporting a (possible) bug.  :yes:

Dying 5 times, even by cheats, should allow you to proceed to the next mission anyway, you know.

Thank you so much for the help Macielos! I will do so!  ;)

I think I found the problem. A mission goal requires several transports to be destroyed or departed. Unfortunately, one of them, Nandi, is loaded from mission Exile07 and  doesn't include situation where it's been destroyed back in that mission (so it never arrives in current mission). I suspect this is the case.

Noted for 1.2 patch.

A workaround: delete (or rename) file data/scripts/exile07ships and replay the mission without using a checkpoint, you should be able to advance.

Worked like a charm, Macielos! Thanks again for all the help!  :yes:

I think I found the problem. A mission goal requires several transports to be destroyed or departed. Unfortunately, one of them, Nandi, is loaded from mission Exile07 and sexp doesn't include situation where it's been destroyed back in that mission (so it never arrives in current mission). I suspect this is the case.

Noted for 1.2 patch.

Offline Admiral-Sabree

• College student, studing in advertisment
So I Reckon this is where I report a bug for this mod. Basically the HUD is all messed up. Two versions of everything on the HUD. Its not unplayable just really awkward and confusing when trying to read names and data. Upon loading the Mod it states that it has encountered errors that FSO will try and substitute for. Along with that the synthetic voice is not working for in game missions (although that isn't really a priority) I'm using Knossos and I have the most recent version.  Not sure what the issue is. Any help is much appreciated.
So it begines...

Exile uses the 2014 MVPs, not the 2018 ones (hence the 200 errors and the double HUD), but that shouldn't be a problem with Knossos.

Offline Admiral-Sabree

Hmmm ok so that's what's Generating those issues. Any thoughts on how can I get Knossos to use the 2014 version instead of the 3.8.2. This could this be an issue with Knossos.
So it begines...

Not an issue with Knossos (atleast not the programm itself).

You remind me that I need to do some adjustments for Exile, to pick MVP 2014 and FSO 3.8.0 by default.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I have some Knossos issues. It can't detect MediaVPs while I have 'em installed. I will upload fix along with support for generated speech when I figure this out.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
The HUD bug should be fixed and Exile should now use FSO 3.8.0, so you won't see the warnings popup (though ideally those warnings could be fixed in the future).
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Ain't the "200 errors" thing something that came along with the MVPs instead of the builts? (atleast that's how I understood that below, I haven't checked it myself though)

The problem comes from the way Exile's sounds.tbl interacts with mediaVPs assets. It doesn't contain certain sound numbers that mediaVPs -shp and -wep tbms expect so it throws up errors.

The fix is relatively simple, you just need to copy over sounds 252-257 from MediaVP's sounds.tbl and paste them in Exile's sounds.tbl or make an -snd.tbm with those entries.

Also, considering that Exile seems to be set up to use "newest" MVPS dependancy on Knossos it won't even run on 3.8.0, let alone 3.7.4.

Offline Admiral-Sabree

Updated downloaded, Now it cant find the executable and is those aborted.
So it begines...

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Can you make sure FSO stability is set to Stable and then make sure you have FSO 3.8.0 installed (hover over FSO on the Home tab and hit details)?
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq

[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship

Offline Admiral-Sabree

Stable FSO release (same as 3.8.0 from HLP's release thread). First part of the description. 3.8.0-3 is the version. I verified file integrity and it didn't find anything there. I might be checking the stability wrong though.

If the stability thing is the preferred build its set to stable.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:47:50 am by Admiral-Sabree »
So it begines...

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I tried tweaking the metadata so update again (you shouldn't have to redownload everything) but if that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the problem is.