Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

Has someone implemented....

(1/2) > >>

Unknown Target:
Animations yet!?!
Someone should really do it! I want it for a project I'm doing ;), but I can't program :(

heretic:
you mean for ships?

Colonol Dekker:
As far as i knoew, You see ani-textures in every single mission.. "cough -THRUSTERS-cough" Isn't it a matter of making a skin with ani-'d blinky lights / pilot waving out a cockpit and sticking it on ? :headz:

Nico:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Colonol Dekker
As far as i knoew, You see ani-textures in every single mission.. "cough -THRUSTERS-cough" Isn't it a matter of making a skin with ani-'d blinky lights / pilot waving out a cockpit and sticking it on ? :headz:
--- End quote ---

no.

EdrickV:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Colonol Dekker
--- End quote ---

I haven't looked through the whole thruster code, but I do know that in the code that loads the textures if it sees "thruster" or "invisible" in a texture name that it will not try to load the textures. They're handled somewhere else.
To map animations onto a model as textures, we'd probably have to insert our own special case code and specify a string for it to search. For example: If ani maps are named animap- have it search for "animap-" within the texture name. If so handle it with special code modified from whatever code actually draws thrusters. And incidently, explosions are also anis. But mapping an ani to a model normally does not work just yet. Unless someone's edited that feature into their own copy.
(Warp holes are another special case, the pof isn't even texture mapped.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version