Author Topic: Welcome to SR! [Q&A]  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hey! I see you've noticed a new project board. Welcome to SR :]. More info is coming soon, and so far I have small Q&A.

Q: What is Series Resurrecta?
A: A series of minicampaigns set between The Great War and NTF Rebellion, covering various periods of Reconstruction. It's based on FSPort, but adds numerous fanmade ships and original soundtrack.

Q: So FS1 on steroids?
A: Pretty much yeah. Capships have dedicated anti-capital weaponry, vasudans use some T-V war designs, shivans introduce couple new classes of ships etc.

Q: What is the meaning behind the name?
A: The "Resurrected Series" (that's precisely what Series Resurrecta means, in Latin) is some sort of technical name, referencing story of two of of SR minicampaigns which started over a decade ago as INFA:SA projects. These campaigns entered a limbo and almost fell into complete oblivion, but a successful recovery effort ultimately took place. Our team subsequently upgraded both campaigns, and added numerous additional features.

Q: Who is involved in this project?
A: Series Resurrecta is original brand of the FSCRP team. Mobius is main FREDer and project leader. I'm responsible for asset work also being second in command. Admiral Nelson is providing new features, cbanims, testing, proof-reading and Knossos support. Nightmare is our internal bug-squashing individual. We also use skills of squad of testers, and writing skills of Iain Baker.

Q: What's the content of first release?
A: One campaign about Shivans, and one campaign about HoL. 14 missions in total. A summary name for the first release is Shadows of the Great War.

Q: Release when?
A: Soon. A matter of week or two. We're finishing testing stage, and we're definitely not kidding about this!

Q: Plans for the future?
A: More minicampaigns of course. At this point, another one set in the early Reconstruction is being drafted. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:05:38 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Q: Release when?
A: Soon. A matter of week or two. We're finishing testing stage, and we're definitely not kidding about this!

Excellent!

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
When during the timeline of Freespace does Shadows of the Great War take place?
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
When during the timeline of Freespace does Shadows of the Great War take place?
One campaign takes place shortly after destruction of the Lucifer. The second one is set after Hades Rebelion.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
We're proud to announce that SerRes' portal on the FreeSpace Wiki has been expanded and now features 24 articles, plus 2 articles which are partially related to the project. The proofreading effort of these articles is WIP, but we've pretty much covered most aspects of the first release. Said articles will be expanded in the future.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]