Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

[Demo Release] Wing Commander Vega Assault

<< < (4/4)

Admiral Nelson:
Some thoughts for you:

I appreciated the old WC ships, music and head anis. These do a great job of setting up the atmosphere. Combat came out good for a demo; see here a small recording of it in 4K:

I did notice that the TCS Shell seems to have some huge value for engine wash; I failed the second mission by flying behind it and being thrown into an asteroid. :) The bitmap used for the laser seems a little hard to see, as you may notice in the video.  There is a lot of talking in your demo which is hard to follow without voice or the use of Axem's message box.  You might want to have a look at Replica Studios for some really high quality TTS to make your demo shine. You can see some Freespace examples using these voices  here and here.

Rabenrecht:
Thank you for the feedback :)

- TCS Shell Engine wash: yep, thats on my ToDo list to fix
- laser bitmaps: do you mean the hardpoint icons? Or the projectiles? In both cases it's the WC Saga base. But I guess changing the projectiles to be slightly bigger and to a brighter more orange-y colore (to match the looks in WC1) could be a good idea.
- Message box, TTS: totally agree that the messages being displayed in the top-left corner is far from ideal. I wasn't aware of Axems message box. But that seems like an immense improvement. I will try to add this to the mod. I will also look into the Replica TTS. The examples sound promising. Thanks for these pointers!

On other notes: there is still something fishy in the mod setup. Starting the mod results in the dreaded "Web cursor bitmap not found" error. I kinda hoped this was just an issue in my machine, but tarus on CIC reported the same.
One thing I will try today is to switch the FOS and WC Saga dependencies around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version