Author Topic: Foxdie's Fan Art  (Read 12074 times)

Offline newman

Yes, I suspect the difference between being true to a TV show and a high-caliber instrument of death becomes evident when you stare down the barrel of the latter :)
Anyway, yes, they made this as the official map of the colonial system, and frankly a quaternary star system is probably the best way to explain how come there were so many colonizable / terraformable planets in it; having 12 big colonies + who knows how many smaller ones (like the mining facility on Troy, etc) is just too much for one star. Personally, I even like that map to a degree.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
If you check the mission locations and skyboxes in R1 and compare it to the map you should be able to answer your own question ;)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline crizza

Concerning the BSG wiki it is...semi canon and is considered canon in future...stuff.

Well, well, well. Glad you people like my work :D. The map is coming out, and be replace with something from diaspora to avoid any legal issue, and the rank is going to be correct. However this character type illustrations are going to keep coming slowly since right now i'm working in other request for the team, so have a little patience people.

Thanks a lot for the feedback :)

FOX

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
A player can suspend their disbelief for a little bit.  For instance I don't recall Lt Gaida, Dee or Adama, being all that vocal over the comm in the show as much as that bridge officer on the Theseus. :) Unless they were giving orders directly to the pilots. But for the sake of the game, what are you going to do?  Just don't let it stop the action.  (Imagining Lee Adama when the Pegasus blew: if it were a fs2 game, he would go on the horn lamenting the world as the ship came down around his ears rather then try to get off himself)
Hey I was just given a script and told to read it. It's not my fault  :(
Also the Galactica was a much older ship run by William Adama, so it probably had better trained crew who were able to keep to the job rather than talk over comms. I actually have no idea who is in command of the Theseus, we were never told the commander.

What is the Theseus bridge officer's rank anyway? Is he the comm officer? sounds to me like he makes many of the decisions. But then I wonder the same thing about the fs1/fs2 commander guys. Most of this is all fridge logic anyway.
The Theseus CIC officer is a Lieutenant. And of course I make all of the decisions, Edward James Olmos was unavailable for VA.

Offline Aether

A player can suspend their disbelief for a little bit.  For instance I don't recall Lt Gaida, Dee or Adama, being all that vocal over the comm in the show as much as that bridge officer on the Theseus. :) Unless they were giving orders directly to the pilots. But for the sake of the game, what are you going to do?  Just don't let it stop the action.  (Imagining Lee Adama when the Pegasus blew: if it were a fs2 game, he would go on the horn lamenting the world as the ship came down around his ears rather then try to get off himself)
Hey I was just given a script and told to read it. It's not my fault  :(
Also the Galactica was a much older ship run by William Adama, so it probably had better trained crew who were able to keep to the job rather than talk over comms. I actually have no idea who is in command of the Theseus, we were never told the commander.

I think there probably was a lot of chatter in the show but it just wasn't explicitly shown. I do remember Dee constantly being told to relay messages and orders. I reckon if they showed Dee parroting Adama every time though, it'd get annoying fast.

But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I do agree that, for the sole purpose of the game, that kind of chatter just makes it more immersive for the player. It's always nice to have a voice to tell you what to do in a way that makes you feel like it's actually worth doing rather than just a bit of text across a screen where you feel a bit more like a Cylon :P
So say we all!

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
I think there probably was a lot of chatter in the show but it just wasn't explicitly shown. I do remember Dee constantly being told to relay messages and orders. I reckon if they showed Dee parroting Adama every time though, it'd get annoying fast.
When I was researching the role I watched a bunch of episodes trying to find ones with Dee speaking to/commanding the viper pilots. It is actually very rarely explicitly shown. There is a lot of chatter between pilots, and Adama gives a lot of orders to Dee (and Dee tells Adama a ton of stuff every episode) but there is very little shown between Dee and the rest of the fleet.

However, she seems to be always talking, so I can only assume that she is relaying information as fast as possible to the pilots.

Oh don't get me wrong, didn't mean to derail the thread with my side musings.  you did an excellent job!  Really, top notch. And it's a very important role game wise.  I just was musing the logic on my way to the fridge. XD  I was mostly more focused on the idea of having cutscenes told through drawings and dialog.  Would be a relatively quick way to make cutscenes  to fill in some much needed character development right between missions as well as have a very stylized approach.  What do you all think?

Offline Aether

Don't worry about it ;) Yeah, I think (if I understood the thread correctly) then FoxDie is going to give us some art for future releases like R2(?) or R3 or maybe even a patch for R1.5(?) I'm not sure :P. Those kinda cutscenes would be great to see! Like you said, it'd make it character development so much better because we can actually put a face to the heroes of this saga :)

And us voice actors will be able to point at something and say, yeah, that's me right there :lol:

I'm definitely looking forward to it :D

Edit: I apologise for the ridiculous use of smileys in my post...
So say we all!

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
I look forward to what FoxDie can cook up, and her art will make a welcome addition to the Diaspora cause.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Aether

Here here!  :D Her pic blew me away! :)
So say we all!