Author Topic: Loadout problems  (Read 2020 times)

I'm having issues trying to change the loadout when playing co-op campaign over LAN. The missions work, but neither me nor my friends can change our loadouts which is frustrating especially on the missions where you have those annoying Prometheus Rs as your primary weapons.

We're using 3.6.9 by the way.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Which missions?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Pretty much all of the campaign missions that we've tried, haven't tried all of them though.

It happens to both of us if we try to host a multi-player game so whatever it is it's affecting both of our installs.

Single Player works fine however.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:00:57 pm by paul1290 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Did the host hit the lock button?  You can't change loadouts until you do. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Did the host hit the lock button?  You can't change loadouts until you do. 

Darn, I never really thought to try that. Thanks.

I guess I must have misunderstood what the purpose of the lock button was.

With that in mind, what does it do exactly?

I was under the impression that it "locked" things so players couldn't change anything right before starting the mission which is why I didn't try changing the loadout after clicking it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Actually it locks the player positions and opens up the loadout.  Before hitting lock you can move players to other ships/wings after you can't.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras