Author Topic: Mantis upgraded  (Read 4568 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Mantis has been upgraded to the latest stable release, 1.2.8.  No hiccups were encountered during the upgrade, but please mention if anything suddenly seems strange.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Valathil

• ...And I would have had a custom title if it wasn't for you meddling kids!
  • Custom Title? Wizards need no Custom Title!
what if a bug prevents me from reporting that the bug reporting isnt working ? </zen>
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃
┃┃┏┫┃┏┳━━┓┏━━┓┃┗━┳━━┳━━┳━━┓
┃┃┣┫┗┛┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┏┓┃┏┓┃━━┫━━┫
┃┗┫┃┏┓┫┃━┫┃┏┓┃┃┗┛┃┗┛┣━━┣━━┃
┗━┻┻┛┗┻━━┛┗┛┗┛┗━━┻━━┻━━┻━━┛

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
And now my brain has just exploded.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Valathil

And now my brain has just exploded.

Known issue
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Will Not Fix.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
But it's critical :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
But not reproducible :p
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It's critical, but,
not reproducible,
It's Cobra's braaaaain!

Offline Valathil

Can you post a log please?
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Sorry to stop the party, but I have more actual news on this front.  The new Mantis supports a plugin for integration with various version control systems, such as SVN and Git.  I've enabled the SVN integration now, so any SVN commits that have ever referenced a ticket by number are now mentioned in the ticket's detail page under 'Related Changesets.'
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Valathil

nice work
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
sweet  :yes:

Can the plugin also populate the [ diff ] & [ file ] links as can be seen on this page?

http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/plugin.php?page=Source/view&id=3739
(the issue was picked at random)

edit: clarify the link names
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:50:22 pm by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Not without WebSVN unfortunately.  We'd have to set up WebSVN on a server and have it point to our repository.  I might see how running it remotely on the SCP's website server works, since the SVN is on icculus.org and not indiegames.  I'm trying to figure out why the last commit didn't get checked in automatically first though.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're talking about, but maybe because some commits have a 4 digit mantis reference, not the full 7 digit reference?  e.g. svn 8147 & mantis 2545?  Fixing this up looks like it'd require a fair bit of taylor's time (he's the SVN admin?) and thus probably isn't worth it for previous commits, but it'd be useful to remember for future commits to include the full 7 digit reference so the auto-mantis-linkage works.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Echelon9

remember for future commits to include the full 7 digit reference so the auto-mantis-linkage works.
Do we really have to use the full 7 digit reference to each Mantis report? Seems highly unlikely coders will remember the extraneous leading zeros each time...

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I made that statement just from the behaviour I've observed from looking through SVN and comparing relevant commits with mantis - maybe there's an option to tweak the mantis plugin?  Otherwise, yeah, I haven't bothered to include the leading zeroes in any of my commits so far either...
----
----

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I'm pretty sure that many commits linked fine without a full 7 digit reference.  But the last commit tried to tell mantis to run the check in script, and it didn't seem to work.  So now I'm trying to figure out why.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Can the plugin also populate the [ diff ] & [ file ] links as can be seen on this page?

I've noticed that these links are being populated now.  Ditto for a mantis issue being closed automatically by the relevant commit into SVN -  awesome work chief! :nod:
----
----

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Actually we're going to turn off auto-resolving for now, it might lead to some confusion I think.  We can re-discuss turning it on later maybe once people are more accustomed to how it's all working.  And yeah I set up WebSVN on a friend's server to get those links working.  Not the fastest but it works.

Offline Valathil

Is this why Zacam has been stealing my resolved bugs? The auto resolver?
┏┓╋┏┓╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┏┓
┃┃╋┃┃╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋┃┃