Author Topic: Subnautica. It released Jan 23 @7PM PST and has reached #1 on Steam  (Read 3180 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Subnautica. It released Jan 23 @7PM PST and has reached #1 on Steam
https://twitter.com/obraxis/status/955128135518949377

EDIT: Also, this (clicky for site):

EDIT2:

Floating at the top!

Top center of the Steam Store front page.

And, finally, some trailers that dropped on release day, in case someone hasn't seen them:

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:37:00 am by jr2 »

Re: Subnautica. It releases Jan 23 @7PM PST and it just reached #2 on Steam
im pretty stoked to start over afresh, prepared with the knowledge of how much titanium i will need
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
im pretty stoked to start over afresh, prepared with the knowledge of how much titanium copper i will need

Fixed it for you.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Top rated, woot!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Edited OP with appropriate updates.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Re: Subnautica. It released Jan 23 @7PM PST and has reached #1 on Steam
It's nice to see how well Subnautica's done. One of the most atmospheric games I've played in a while. I normally am not much for crafting/survival, OR early access, but I did pick it up for $10 during a sale because I thought the content it already had was easily worth that, after watching Markiplier (hilariously) derp around. I wasn't wrong, to the extent I almost feel guilty that I didn't pay full price for it.

What I think is especially impressive is the sound design, something that's so very often overlooked in games.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It is no longer possible to delay the Sunbeam.  :(

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam

Eh?  Get their first couple of messages then stay away from the radio for.. IDK how long.  They're supposed to then say they couldn't make it through the orbital debris field.  Unless they changed that for v1.0?

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter

Eh?  Get their first couple of messages then stay away from the radio for.. IDK how long.  They're supposed to then say they couldn't make it through the orbital debris field.  Unless they changed that for v1.0?

Yeah, but before you could never repair the radio in the first place and delay their first communication indefinitely until you felt like it.

Now it's a race against time (which to be fair, I'm horrible at) if you want to test the timing of disabling the gun and their arrival. :(

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
...and it is a brilliant game.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
*bump*

Subnautica is now available for free on the EPIC store until 27.12.18

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/get-the-gift-of-subnautica-now-available-free-for-a-limited-time
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea