Author Topic: Nebulon B Frigate WIP UPDATED June 05, 2015  (Read 106430 times)

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Re: Nebulon B Frigate WIP
I think it's probably safe to assume that the giant humans in the medical suite from that last exterior shot were put there for the benefit of the general movie-going audience to reestablish the heroes' location on the ship.  There's already so much inconsistency between the set interiors and model/painting/massive plywood construct exteriors throughout the trilogy that it seems to me a bit silly to say that the Falcon is what is scaled wrong in that shot.  Incidentally, for an idea of just how much rampant stretching and random inconsistency goes on in these movies, check out the Adywan SW revisited threads over at originaltrilogy.com.  It would appear that the filmmakers can basically get away with anything they want :)

Offline PHRiSCo

An update on this... there is no update. :)

Currently I'm working on True Crime: Hong Kong at United Front Games, and I'm so freaking busy and it's summer I'm really not that interested in loading max up at home for the time being.

If there's no rush, I want to complete this project, but it'll have to wait.

My apologies, boo-urns for me!  :no:

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Real life has that habit :rolleyes: good luck with True Crime: Hong Kong and we will see you on the other side  :D
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline PHRiSCo

UPDATED! (Check first post)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
nice going
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Great!

If the main mesh is more or less complete now, I guess it's time to start thinking about turrets, right? I can give you the general requirements for turret models as well as some reference shots (or .max files) of what kind of turrets our other ships have, and then someone can give an approximate suggestion on how many there should be and what would be good locations. Does that sound good, or did you have something else in mind?

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Great to have you back!  This is such an important ship and it was looking so promising.  All I can say is it's looking pretty good, and looking forward to final product once texturing is complete!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline PHRiSCo

zookeeper, shoot me a PM with the details on turrets. Maybe I'll take a look at the movies to see if I can see any firing positions from the Frigate. We can exchange emails then and maybe zip up the examples and send them over?

Man, I'm really looking forward to go after this baby with a B-Wing. :)
Audio Converter of Enigma Campaign 2666:
http://enigma.de.to/

German translator of WC: Hostile Frontier:
http://www.ciinet.org/kevin/wchf/

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FekLeyrTarg?feature=mhee

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Could you do a render without the faux texture applied?  I feel like it's doing more harm than good currently.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline PHRiSCo

Yeah I can do that tonight.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
zookeeper, shoot me a PM with the details on turrets. Maybe I'll take a look at the movies to see if I can see any firing positions from the Frigate. We can exchange emails then and maybe zip up the examples and send them over?

All right, I'll send you the details tomorrow. As for movie references, the only time you see the frigate firing is that one 3-second scene in RotJ where you see one exchanging fire with an ISD side by side.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
What a great surprise!  I've forgotten if you are planning on making an alternate version with a fighter bay or just the medical model seen in the films.  If the latter, it might be nice to have a few extra docking tubes coming down from the connecting bridge (in the area where the falcon is docked at the end of ESB) to give the ship a bit more versatility in terms of mission design.  Anyway, it's awesome that you're back to work on this!

Offline PHRiSCo

Updated with flat textures on the first post. Still need to add blast plates, optimize poly count, and go over smoothing groups before texturing starts.

Offline newman

Might I suggest that putting new pics on the last post actually makes it easier for folks to follow up on the latest? Most people won't start reading the thread from page one, they'll either go to first unread or the newest post. Doing that then having to go back to page one is (only slightly) annoying :)
Good work, btw.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
As long as you tell when the first post is being updated, I don't see what's wrong.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline newman

It's not wrong, it's just a bit more clicks to get to the wanted data. Ideally you want those kept at a minimum and not fight the general forum logic of newer posts being on later pages. But, either way. Not a huge issue, just a suggestion for a bit easier reading.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline PHRiSCo

Sleeping Dogs is shipped, and I'm enjoying some time off...

I've learned a lot during Sleeping Dogs, and am going to apply some of those rules to this model to save geometry. I was in the stages of unwrapping briefly before I decided to do this. I know this model is taking a long time, but it's been difficult to find extra time, so my apologies. This will get done eventually. If there's ever a serious rush, I would dedicate more time, but for now, I'll update when I can.

Thanks!

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Man, now I know what HLP account this guy on my Facebook has been this whole time.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays