Author Topic: A little extra trailer  (Read 34447 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
A little extra trailer
Here's a little trailer of a few missions I've been working on featuring my early Sol fleet. This'll be an archives campaign and is set in Sol before the formation of the EA.
http://inferno.hard-light.net/mods/SolTeaser.avi
17.6mb X-Vid codec.

Pics before compression:

This includes ships from the FS1 era such as the Apollo, Hercules and Orion, as well as including 10 new ships and 1 station.
This mod requires INF SCP but uses its own set of tables (no tbms) since it includes changes to main campaign weapons which would break balance. It also includes FS1 music.

This is a very early WIP and many things may change at a later date.
More info will be released as I make progress. This is a solo mod so I'm working on it only when I want to, though progress has been good over the past week or so.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Re: A little extra trailer
Two words: That's Great!
Good work :)
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline neoterran

Awesome
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Sweet!!!!! i am interested in that capship, which i gather is the leander
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline mr.WHO

Questions: This ship with terran huge turrets and silver beam is friendly or foe?
something that shoot EA pulse or railgun is firendly or foe?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Leander is Zagreus class, a pre great war destroyer brought back into service due to lack of Orions. The only main Orion I plan to feature is the Auriga (you should be able to guess why)

If you haven't figured out who's on which side from the trailer I won't spoil it for the moment :)
Those are FS1 Terran Turrets, though I improved them a bit. The only EA weapons used are the railguns, a few fighter weapons and 1 beam. There's no other EA capship weapons there.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Some of todays work:

There's always one who has to fly different to the rest :D

The new version of the Enceladus, it was made the day after the trailer so the old one shows up in that.

Lots of rocks exploding :)

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
That's AWESOME!!! .......

You're a cruel man for teasing me like this...... :( ;)

Offline mr.WHO

Any chance that some of your stuff will make it to T-V war mod ??

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the old versions of the Apollyon and Enceladus are in there, the rest is exclusive to us for now.
Took me a while to produce this set of ships.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Extracting stuff into data will actually overwrite the Inferno files completely as that's were they are stored. I wouldn't recommend doing that as it'll probably break something down the line as we release patches. You should use a mod directory for that.

Actually if ani has less priority than eff the explosions I see in the media VPs won't work unless you delete 133 files from the INF core mod effects directory.

Offline mr.WHO

BTW any chance for Inferno trailer?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Not until closer to release.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
So i take it this will be released after inferno?
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well it requires files from Inferno so there's not much choice in that. However if it's done sooner I can release it on the same day.

The FS2 SCP explosions from the new media vps look better. Good part is that I can always extract the vp explosion effects to the effects folder so FS2 will make them take priority over the Inferno ones.

How's the missions on the main release going?

What explosions are you on about? I have the 3.6.8 deltas and the only explosions they have are the new flak effects.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
The shockwaves, not the explosion anis.  Big difference but people who don't do development aren't expected to know it.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
exp04 is the same as the SCP one, we use different exp05 and exp06

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
First thing, does the person who flew in that mission in the trailer have the slightest clue about rolling your craft?
All i saw was some nice fireworks, and really ****ty flying because someone needed the mouse on ridiculously high sensitivity to do any type of maneuvering.
Lol
I wouldn't call that maneuvering :lol:
Rolling your craft can not only help you fly more majestically, you can actually pull off some real cool maneuvers like, help evade missiles better, dodge debris, and it's especially useful in keeping your crosshairs on the target (increases accuracy so you can actually spray your target(should you have an automatic weapon)).
Also in realistic thinking, a fighter the size of a small house, is not going to respond so sensitively.
Bring the ****ing sensitivity down a good margin, and try rolling your craft :lol:
Steering your craft and rolling are meant to be used in conjunction, otherwise flight becomes highly limited.
I mean, i saw the video, and that's all i saw. :lol:
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yes I do :p
Well I was more interested in action shots than trying to dodge fire, if I'm spinning the ship trying to dodge fire it would also be harder to notice things in the vid, and I would miss a lot of good shots.
Fraps causes slowdown so there's a bit of a lag so accuracy is reduced. Though the video looks smooth it isn't while I'm taking it.
My mouse sensitivity is at 50%, but it's an old mouse as my usual ones left button doesn't work anymore. I don't know were your getting that from...

Bah next time I won't bother with a vid then if the only comments are how I suck :p